Post by kajo163 »

Very nice building.

And he calls him self Lucifer you say...ohh, the irony':D:'

-joel
I'm back, and so is Castle!
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

That is pretty great. It will probably be amazing when its completed.

I really like the stained glass windows.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

So far it looks good, the entrance I particularly liked. Lucifer::church as ... megablocks::______

DAn
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I haven't seen any Catherdrals built using castle wall pieces before, and I must say I like this look. A cathedral would likely have a lot more windows than a castle, so this may be an excellent use of this part. Lucifer building a cathedral bothers my catholic sensibilities a bit, but I will consider it irony rather than blasphemy. :wink:

William
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Cool, but I think that's a cathedral to the Deable.
I meanLúcifer?
Oh well, he probably want to call the Knights of Apocalipse.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
LusiferSam
Peasant

Post by LusiferSam »

Hi. I'm LusiferSam and I just joined. I'm glad you guys have enjoyed my work in progress pictures so far. This is my first big MOC. Past MOC's have been pretty small, under 1,000 pieces. But with this I've already used around 200 1x1 bricks in the tops of the bell towers (not pictured yet). The pictures that I have posted document about where I was the end of August. There are a few sections that were done or mostly done that I didn't take photos because they just didn't fit, yet. So the top sections of the bell towers, the inside of the roof, maze or the roof for the Nave haven't been shown yet.

I'm hoping to post some more photos this weekend or this coming week. Again thanks for your words of encouragement.

p.s. I'm spelling my user name with a S, not a C.
jwcbigdog
Apprentice

Post by jwcbigdog »

Great MOC, I always love how ornate people make their cathedrals. My favorite part of this one is the circular window over the entrance, very nice touch. Can't wait to see the finished pics!
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

I really love how the church/cathederal builders make those windows :) Great work, keep it up

Yankee
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Maybe its an Unholy Cathedral dedicated to devil worshipping knights or something....... *shudders*

*begins work on Buddhist monastery and Jewish synagogue* :wink:

Hey.... should Yaron be the one working on a synagogue or perhaps even the Temple Mount?

Anyway thats a good looking cathedral. If it has and gold stuff or jewels..... *sends army to loot the cathedral* :twisted:

---------

701 posts! How appropriate... I am now a "Gentleman". :wink:
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
LusiferSam
Peasant

Post by LusiferSam »

After a bit of fooling around I finally got some new photos posted. Here's the folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=103482

You might not be able to tell but some major interior work has taken place. The interior is far from being done. But just few more minor details and exterior of this section will be done. The bell towers are the last major item left to be finished. I might make them a bit taller. They won't be finished as spires, instead I'm going to square them off so it looks like they weren't completed.

The nave continues to progress slowly (only because the west entrance has priority). You can see how I'm planing to tile most of the interior. I've always like the dark red but finding another color to go with it has been a hard.

And finally there's the interior of the roof. Its only the first section, but its a start. The yellow 1x1 rounds are meant to be yellow stars. I've seen in a number of french cathedrals blue ceiling with gold stars and liked it. So this my attempt at copying that look.