Colossal Castle Contest 14

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Mpyromaxos
Serf

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Post by Mpyromaxos »

Hi guys! It's my first post in Classic Castle an d i don't know how things are working here!
I've seen in Flickr many great creation with the classic castle label and i didn't know what it was!
So with a little search i came up here!
I wan't to make some creations - mocs for Contest (i have made last week one already) but i don't know what to do!
What is the correct way to participate to the contest of each category?
I followed the group on Flickr but where should i post the photos? Here? Somewhere else? Tag on Flickr? Is there any tutorial for new members??
Cause i really love what you do here and i like to participate to this great event!
Thn you very much and sorry for the "dummy questions" :)
Give me beer or give me death..
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/mpyromaxos/]Flickr[/url]
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Mpyromaxos wrote:Hi guys! It's my first post in Classic Castle an d i don't know how things are working here!
I've seen in Flickr many great creation with the classic castle label and i didn't know what it was!
I wan't to make some creations - mocs for Contest (i have made last week one already) but i don't know what to do!
I followed the group on Flickr but where should i post the photos? Here? Somewhere else? Tag on Flickr? Is there any tutorial for new members??
Cause i really love what you do here and i like to participate to this great event!
Hi! And welcome to Classic Castle. You can ask questions here and you can send me private messages and I will help you out.

To enter the contest you click this link:
[url]http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ccc/pr ... est=cccxiv[/url]
In the tan colored box on the left hand side there is a link to "submit an entry."
Click that.
Fill in the information.
Submit.
Wait for one of the admins to approve your entry and Voila! It is that simple.

Now for posting photos, you have a few options. Flickr works good but make sure you follow the picture rules. Some use MOCpages. Some use brickshelf. Some use their own website. Whatever works for you, just make sure you read the rules about photos and follow them.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Mpyromaxos
Serf

Post by Mpyromaxos »

Bluesecrets wrote:
Mpyromaxos wrote:Hi guys! It's my first post in Classic Castle an d i don't know how things are working here!
Hi! And welcome to Classic Castle. You can ask questions here and you can send me private messages and I will help you out.

To enter the contest you click this link:
[url]http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ccc/pr ... est=cccxiv[/url]
In the tan colored box on the left hand side there is a link to "submit an entry."
Click that.
Fill in the information.
Submit.
Wait for one of the admins to approve your entry and Voila! It is that simple.

Now for posting photos, you have a few options. Flickr works good but make sure you follow the picture rules. Some use MOCpages. Some use brickshelf. Some use their own website. Whatever works for you, just make sure you read the rules about photos and follow them.

Tnk you ! I'll pm you right away! :D
Give me beer or give me death..
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/mpyromaxos/]Flickr[/url]
josdu
Gentleman

Post by josdu »

Btw, are not-minifig-scale things allowed in all categories (micro or, which is what I am particularly interest in; larger then minifig)? I recall the rules on scales were a little specific last year? And I'm assuming that the custom knight and squire category has got to be minifig.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98280612@N05/?details=1#]Flickr[/url]

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
fpavelar
Serf

Post by fpavelar »

I've resized a picture that - I believe - was restraining my Entry. Should I submit it again?
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/felipedescomplicado/]My Flickr Gallery[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

josdu wrote:Btw, are not-minifig-scale things allowed in all categories (micro or, which is what I am particularly interest in; larger then minifig)? I recall the rules on scales were a little specific last year? And I'm assuming that the custom knight and squire category has got to be minifig.
The admins will discuss this and get back to you. Usually most categories are minifig scale unless noted otherwise.
I've resized a picture that - I believe - was restraining my Entry. Should I submit it again?
You should only resubmit if the image name and image link are different. Thanks.
Michael G
Gong Farmer

Post by Michael G »

Are you going to be making a naughty list this year, like you have in the past?

Also I would just like to point out, and this may be intentional, but when you click the CCC link to the right of the classic-castle homepage if still goes to last years thread.

Thanks for hosting this awesome contest! :)
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

As of Dec 12 at 8:55 pm EST, all entries that can be approve have been. If you do not see yours, feel free to contact me and I will let you know what is wrong.

At this point there are several with image sizing problems, a couple with bad links, and maybe one missing a white background.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

I have given you the Naughty List. If you are on it, please fix the issues.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Andrew JN
Serf

Post by Andrew JN »

Greetings all! I just wanted to let the moderators know that I've resized the images in my album that I link to. If I have to resubmit, please let me know! Thanks.
Flickr: [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/111504073@N02/[/url]
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Andrew JN wrote:Greetings all! I just wanted to let the moderators know that I've resized the images in my album that I link to. If I have to resubmit, please let me know! Thanks.
Thank you for letting me know. Your entry has been approved!
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

It's the last week. I have been trying super hard to keep the entry list as clean as possible. I currently have 2 entries waiting for Brickshelf and 7 with issues that have landed them on the naughty list. I will strive to keep this going during the last week...but this is when craziness ensues with entries flying in like crazy.

If I don't respond to you, please have patience. I can not sit at my computer 24/7, I need sleep sometime. I have been getting back to every single message withing hours...those of you who have messaged me know that this is true. But I'm currently on vacation with a computer, doing all I can to keep this contest running smoothly. But it IS my vacation...a lady is entitled to have a little fun and not sit at her computer 24/7.

Please be reasonable with us and our timeliness. I am doing the absolute best that I can.

Also, Brickshelf is taking up to 10 days to approve photos currently. If you can avoid using it, it will get your entries approved faster.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Mr. Cab
Gong Farmer

Post by Mr. Cab »

I have an entry for the Knight and Squire category that has a lot of important white elements that can hardly be discerned when I use a white background. Since including a picture with a white background would hardly help with judging in this case, may I submit the entry without a white background image?
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Mr. Cab wrote:I have an entry for the Knight and Squire category that has a lot of important white elements that can hardly be discerned when I use a white background. Since including a picture with a white background would hardly help with judging in this case, may I submit the entry without a white background image?
You can submit two photos, one with the white and one with a different background. Only one of the images has to have a white background.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Welcome to the last day for entering the CCC. I have been approving them as fast as I can. But we have issues.

I can not say it enough...PLEASE CHECK THE IMAGE RULES FOR THIS CONTEST. (Sorry for the all caps but I needed a little emphasis.)

Please read the naughty list. It has been expanding pretty much with almost each new entry today. If you do end up on the naughty list, you will have an extremely limited amount of time to fix your issues. We do not want to delay judging because of naughty list issues.

Yes, that is one of the things that delays judging...people on the naughty list. (If you know anyone on the naughty list...could you point it out to them so we can speed things up? I'm spending the day checking and approving entries)
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan