Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Colossal Castle Contest 14

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby Mpyromaxos » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi guys! It's my first post in Classic Castle an d i don't know how things are working here!
I've seen in Flickr many great creation with the classic castle label and i didn't know what it was!
So with a little search i came up here!
I wan't to make some creations - mocs for Contest (i have made last week one already) but i don't know what to do!
What is the correct way to participate to the contest of each category?
I followed the group on Flickr but where should i post the photos? Here? Somewhere else? Tag on Flickr? Is there any tutorial for new members??
Cause i really love what you do here and i like to participate to this great event!
Thn you very much and sorry for the "dummy questions" :)
Give me beer or give me death..
Flickr
User avatar
Mpyromaxos
Serf
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:54 am

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby Bluesecrets » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:47 pm

Mpyromaxos wrote:Hi guys! It's my first post in Classic Castle an d i don't know how things are working here!
I've seen in Flickr many great creation with the classic castle label and i didn't know what it was!
So with a little search i came up here!
I wan't to make some creations - mocs for Contest (i have made last week one already) but i don't know what to do!
What is the correct way to participate to the contest of each category?
I followed the group on Flickr but where should i post the photos? Here? Somewhere else? Tag on Flickr? Is there any tutorial for new members??
Cause i really love what you do here and i like to participate to this great event!
Thn you very much and sorry for the "dummy questions" :)


Hi! And welcome to Classic Castle. You can ask questions here and you can send me private messages and I will help you out.

To enter the contest you click this link:
http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ccc/prizes.cgi?contest=cccxiv
In the tan colored box on the left hand side there is a link to "submit an entry."
Click that.
Fill in the information.
Submit.
Wait for one of the admins to approve your entry and Voila! It is that simple.

Now for posting photos, you have a few options. Flickr works good but make sure you follow the picture rules. Some use MOCpages. Some use brickshelf. Some use their own website. Whatever works for you, just make sure you read the rules about photos and follow them.
~ Brickshelf~Flickr~

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
User avatar
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: On the girls side of the castle.

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby Mpyromaxos » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:19 pm

Bluesecrets wrote:
Mpyromaxos wrote:Hi guys! It's my first post in Classic Castle an d i don't know how things are working here!
I've seen in Flickr many great creation with the classic castle label and i didn't know what it was!
So with a little search i came up here!
I wan't to make some creations - mocs for Contest (i have made last week one already) but i don't know what to do!
What is the correct way to participate to the contest of each category?
I followed the group on Flickr but where should i post the photos? Here? Somewhere else? Tag on Flickr? Is there any tutorial for new members??
Cause i really love what you do here and i like to participate to this great event!
Thn you very much and sorry for the "dummy questions" :)


Hi! And welcome to Classic Castle. You can ask questions here and you can send me private messages and I will help you out.

To enter the contest you click this link:
http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ccc/prizes.cgi?contest=cccxiv
In the tan colored box on the left hand side there is a link to "submit an entry."
Click that.
Fill in the information.
Submit.
Wait for one of the admins to approve your entry and Voila! It is that simple.

Now for posting photos, you have a few options. Flickr works good but make sure you follow the picture rules. Some use MOCpages. Some use brickshelf. Some use their own website. Whatever works for you, just make sure you read the rules about photos and follow them.



Tnk you ! I'll pm you right away! :D
Give me beer or give me death..
Flickr
User avatar
Mpyromaxos
Serf
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:54 am

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby josdu » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:02 am

Btw, are not-minifig-scale things allowed in all categories (micro or, which is what I am particularly interest in; larger then minifig)? I recall the rules on scales were a little specific last year? And I'm assuming that the custom knight and squire category has got to be minifig.
Flickr
Image

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
I was...
Image
User avatar
josdu
Gentleman
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:58 pm
Location: Traveling in Roawia

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby fpavelar » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:10 am

I've resized a picture that - I believe - was restraining my Entry. Should I submit it again?
User avatar
fpavelar
Serf
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:08 am
Location: Brazil

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby architect » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:24 pm

josdu wrote:Btw, are not-minifig-scale things allowed in all categories (micro or, which is what I am particularly interest in; larger then minifig)? I recall the rules on scales were a little specific last year? And I'm assuming that the custom knight and squire category has got to be minifig.


The admins will discuss this and get back to you. Usually most categories are minifig scale unless noted otherwise.

I've resized a picture that - I believe - was restraining my Entry. Should I submit it again?


You should only resubmit if the image name and image link are different. Thanks.
User avatar
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann
 
Posts: 4904
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:10 pm
Location: Saint Louis, MO USA

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby Michael G » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:36 pm

Are you going to be making a naughty list this year, like you have in the past?

Also I would just like to point out, and this may be intentional, but when you click the CCC link to the right of the classic-castle homepage if still goes to last years thread.

Thanks for hosting this awesome contest! :)
Michael G
Gong Farmer
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:36 pm

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby Bluesecrets » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:56 am

As of Dec 12 at 8:55 pm EST, all entries that can be approve have been. If you do not see yours, feel free to contact me and I will let you know what is wrong.

At this point there are several with image sizing problems, a couple with bad links, and maybe one missing a white background.
~ Brickshelf~Flickr~

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
User avatar
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: On the girls side of the castle.

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby Bluesecrets » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:28 pm

I have given you the Naughty List. If you are on it, please fix the issues.
~ Brickshelf~Flickr~

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
User avatar
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: On the girls side of the castle.

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby Andrew JN » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:28 pm

Greetings all! I just wanted to let the moderators know that I've resized the images in my album that I link to. If I have to resubmit, please let me know! Thanks.
User avatar
Andrew JN
Serf
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby Bluesecrets » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:29 pm

Andrew JN wrote:Greetings all! I just wanted to let the moderators know that I've resized the images in my album that I link to. If I have to resubmit, please let me know! Thanks.


Thank you for letting me know. Your entry has been approved!
~ Brickshelf~Flickr~

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
User avatar
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: On the girls side of the castle.

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby Bluesecrets » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:47 pm

It's the last week. I have been trying super hard to keep the entry list as clean as possible. I currently have 2 entries waiting for Brickshelf and 7 with issues that have landed them on the naughty list. I will strive to keep this going during the last week...but this is when craziness ensues with entries flying in like crazy.

If I don't respond to you, please have patience. I can not sit at my computer 24/7, I need sleep sometime. I have been getting back to every single message withing hours...those of you who have messaged me know that this is true. But I'm currently on vacation with a computer, doing all I can to keep this contest running smoothly. But it IS my vacation...a lady is entitled to have a little fun and not sit at her computer 24/7.

Please be reasonable with us and our timeliness. I am doing the absolute best that I can.

Also, Brickshelf is taking up to 10 days to approve photos currently. If you can avoid using it, it will get your entries approved faster.
~ Brickshelf~Flickr~

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
User avatar
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: On the girls side of the castle.

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby Mr. Cab » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:23 pm

I have an entry for the Knight and Squire category that has a lot of important white elements that can hardly be discerned when I use a white background. Since including a picture with a white background would hardly help with judging in this case, may I submit the entry without a white background image?
Mr. Cab
Gong Farmer
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:47 am

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby Bluesecrets » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:35 pm

Mr. Cab wrote:I have an entry for the Knight and Squire category that has a lot of important white elements that can hardly be discerned when I use a white background. Since including a picture with a white background would hardly help with judging in this case, may I submit the entry without a white background image?


You can submit two photos, one with the white and one with a different background. Only one of the images has to have a white background.
~ Brickshelf~Flickr~

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
User avatar
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: On the girls side of the castle.

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 14

Postby Bluesecrets » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:21 pm

Welcome to the last day for entering the CCC. I have been approving them as fast as I can. But we have issues.

I can not say it enough...PLEASE CHECK THE IMAGE RULES FOR THIS CONTEST. (Sorry for the all caps but I needed a little emphasis.)

Please read the naughty list. It has been expanding pretty much with almost each new entry today. If you do end up on the naughty list, you will have an extremely limited amount of time to fix your issues. We do not want to delay judging because of naughty list issues.

Yes, that is one of the things that delays judging...people on the naughty list. (If you know anyone on the naughty list...could you point it out to them so we can speed things up? I'm spending the day checking and approving entries)
~ Brickshelf~Flickr~

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
User avatar
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: On the girls side of the castle.

PreviousNext

Return to Castle MOCs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests