Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

A Short Rest...

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

A Short Rest...

Postby TheLordOfBricks » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:08 am

Hello! This is my third of 19 posts I will be doing, where I will be building my way through the Hobbit story, one chapter per post, I will do this over the course of the year...

Anyways, about the builds, these are three builds, that I wanted to do, and I felt like they best fit into the Rivendell chapter best, so I decided to build three builds, and put them in one post... :D

So, my first build is on an irregular baseplate, but it is roughly 36 x 52... Also, fun fact, of the colors that are showing minus the figs, there are only three colors total... :D

Here is my main pic:

Image

Here are some pics of my first build:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
The ugly backside:
Image
Here is a pretty similar to the finished product WIP pic of my first build:
Image
So, my second build doesn't really have a baseplate, but it is roughly 39 x 16... Also, fun fact, of the colors that are showing minus the figs, there are only three colors total... :D

Here are some pics of my second build:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Here are some WIP pics of my second build:
Image
Image
And finally, my third build, which also doesn't have a baseplate, and is about 30 bricks wide... Also, only three colors, if you don't include the texturing on the map...

Here are some pics of my third build:
Image
Image
Image
Here are some WIP pics of my third build:
Image
Image
I hope you enjoyed as much as I had fun building them!!!! My favorite is by far the second one, and I experimented with two different colors blended rockwork, all these have three different colors showing... :D

C&C Appreciated!

To God be the glory!
"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”" Psalms 91:2
User avatar
TheLordOfBricks
Apprentice
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:33 pm

Re: A Short Rest...

Postby LittleJohn » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:53 am

Very nice builds! The 2nd one is my personal favorite, I quite like the mixing of bley and dark bley rockwork. The SNOT staircase is nice too :)
User avatar
LittleJohn
Archer
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:10 pm

Re: A Short Rest...

Postby soccerkid6 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:26 pm

Ooh, 3 new builds! I agree with John, that the platform/staircase is my favorite of the group. Lovely rockwork, nicely incorporated pathway and the SNOT round platform is excellent.
Good landscape for the first model, though the front center boulder does look a little bit like a facade depending on the angle. The final build has some really neat pillars, and another lovely stone ledge.

While the monotone colors work alright, I think some dark red/dark orange trees occasionally would really add to the Rivendell look for those models :)
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
My website: http://brickbuilt.org Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/66620538@N04/
User avatar
soccerkid6
Justiciar
 
Posts: 1981
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:41 pm
Location: NY (not NY city)

Re: A Short Rest...

Postby TheLordOfBricks » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:46 pm

LittleJohn wrote:Very nice builds! The 2nd one is my personal favorite, I quite like the mixing of bley and dark bley rockwork. The SNOT staircase is nice too :)

Thanks John!!!!! Yeah, I like the second best as well!!!! :D

soccerkid6 wrote:Ooh, 3 new builds! I agree with John, that the platform/staircase is my favorite of the group. Lovely rockwork, nicely incorporated pathway and the SNOT round platform is excellent.
Good landscape for the first model, though the front center boulder does look a little bit like a facade depending on the angle. The final build has some really neat pillars, and another lovely stone ledge.

While the monotone colors work alright, I think some dark red/dark orange trees occasionally would really add to the Rivendell look for those models :)

Thanks Isaac!!!!! Yeah, the boulders build was actually built first, and I kinda ran out of good pieces for bley rockwork... Yeah, I completely agree with the dk. orange tree thing, I wish I actually would have done that, I just didn't think of it... :(
"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”" Psalms 91:2
User avatar
TheLordOfBricks
Apprentice
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:33 pm

Re: A Short Rest...

Postby Bruce N H » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:49 pm

Very cool. I agree that the stairwell is really cool. I also really like the way you did the boulders in the second one. In the final one, those doorposts are really nice, but the build itself feels unfinished. I think if you continued the cliff face up above the door a few inches and then photographed it to show an all-LEGO scene it would greatly improve the effect.

Bruce
User avatar
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium
Precentor of the Scriptorium
 
Posts: 7331
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:11 pm
Location: Middle Zealand

Re: A Short Rest...

Postby TheLordOfBricks » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:01 pm

Bruce N H wrote:Very cool. I agree that the stairwell is really cool. I also really like the way you did the boulders in the second one. In the final one, those doorposts are really nice, but the build itself feels unfinished. I think if you continued the cliff face up above the door a few inches and then photographed it to show an all-LEGO scene it would greatly improve the effect.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce!!!! Yeah, I actually completely ran out of "good" dk. bley rock slope pieces... Again, thanks!!! :D
"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”" Psalms 91:2
User avatar
TheLordOfBricks
Apprentice
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:33 pm


Return to Castle MOCs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests