Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Abandoned Nuraghe

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

Abandoned Nuraghe

Postby TheLordOfBricks » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:41 pm

This build is my entry for the LCBTC (Lego Castle Building Techniques Contest):http://www.moc-pages.com/group_mocs.php?id=26038. I decided to build "out of my comfort zone" and I built this for the Wizard's Workshop category... I used loads of new techniques from various great builders, such as Legonardo's tower, Full Plate's Mixel Hinge Trees, Halhi 141's rockwork, and Graham Gidman's cottage/shed technique, also the fence tehcnique (who I am not sure who the inventor is)... :D

Anyways, this was a ton of fun to build, it is on a 68x60 or so irregular base, which I quite like... :D

Main pic:
On to more pictures:
And of course, some WIP pictures, which quite a few people helped and guided me immensely! Enjoy:
I hope you enjoyed, cause I had a ton of fun building it, other than the couple of times that things would break, surprisingly enough, of all things, the tower is one of the only things that didn't break!!!! :D

C&C Appreciated!

To God be the glory!
Last edited by TheLordOfBricks on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”" Psalms 91:2
TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Re: Abandoned Nuraghe

Postby josdu » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:25 am

Very nice irregular base, great technique, also nice dark blue roof!
Flickr

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
I was...
josdu
Gentleman

Postby TheLordOfBricks » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:18 am

josdu wrote:Very nice irregular base, great technique, also nice dark blue roof!

Thanks josdu! :D
"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”" Psalms 91:2
TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Postby soccerkid6 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:54 am

I think this is one of your best builds so far. The shed using Graham's wall technique came out super well, and the round tower is nicely shaped and detailed.
Great little paths running through the landscape too :)
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
My website: http://brickbuilt.org Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/66620538@N04/
soccerkid6
Knight

Postby TheLordOfBricks » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:18 pm

soccerkid6 wrote:I think this is one of your best builds so far. The shed using Graham's wall technique came out super well, and the round tower is nicely shaped and detailed.
Great little paths running through the landscape too :)

Thanks Isaac!!! :D
TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Return to Castle MOCs