Colossal Castle Contest 15

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 15

Post by TheLordOfBricks »

Thanks Blue for letting us know, we understand that you are busy, I will try not to bother you as much as last year with all the questions... :wink: Anyways, now that I said that... :tasty: I do have a question, and I know it has already been clarified for all the categories, but can the vignette category be microscale? In the Summer Joust, some were micro, and some were minifig scale... Thanks! :D
"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”" Psalms 91:2

My Flickr: [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/158415872@N02/[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

mrcp6d wrote:For the Video Game Castle category, you guys looking for "castle" as in the structure or "castle" as in general medieval/fantasy content?
4. Yes. It can be a medieval related scene. See answer #2 earlier in the thread.
For the Historical Shipyard category, is custom rigging and sails allowed?
5. Yes.
Graham Gidman wrote:I have a 48x48 entry for Village Life in the works. I have two buildings, each set an angle. Their first floors are within the borders of the baseplate, but the upper floors and their roofs with be sticking out slightly (no more than two bricks, I think) on just one corner each. Is this too much overhang for the category?
6. Roof overhangs and foliage are usually allowed to overhang slightly. In the past we have not allowed the structure itself to overhang the baseplate requirement. The admins will get back to you if this changes.
TheLordOfBricks wrote:can the vignette category be microscale
7. No unless you can work in a forced perspective angle to your moc. Our vignette category has always been minifigure based in the past. We would encourage you to enter microscale in the microscale category or miscellaneous categories. Thanks!

Ben
LettuceBrick
Bailiff

Post by LettuceBrick »

Great categories; I'm looking forward to entering.
One question: Must borders be within baseplate size requirements or can we have for example a border into which fits a 32x32 baseplate?
Thanks!
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/friskywhiskers/Castle/banner.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/thumb/militia2.bmp_thumb.jpg[/img] [img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/9548735160_d90b6f3d8e_m.jpg[/img]
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

I hope I am able to get some entries in. Some cool and unique categories this year, and some good prizes to boot! Don't know if my mindset will allow me to build castle, or even if I can find time. So much to build, so little time after work to build it....

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

Thanks again for hosting this again, I think my first CCC was #6, hard to believe this is #15 already.

Quick question from the FAQ "Custom stickers may be used for minifigure torsos, shields, and flags. "

I'd like to do some custom printed cloth flags (video game entry category) as part of the decoration for the building. I'm assuming a custom cloth flag falls under the same category as a sticker and is ok, but wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance!
Silmaril_1
Serf

Post by Silmaril_1 »

Hey all,

I have a question : are towns or intra-muros urban areas excluded from the medieval village category?
Thanks!
Flickr : [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/silmaril_1/[/url]

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they're genuine or not." -- A. Lincoln
ReeseEH
Gong Farmer

Post by ReeseEH »

I didn't see anything in the rules on non-Lego pieces...
Are custom minifigure pieces like Brickwarriors, Brickforge, and the like, and/or pieces like altbrick's leaves allowed?
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

LettuceBrick wrote:Great categories; I'm looking forward to entering.
One question: Must borders be within baseplate size requirements or can we have for example a border into which fits a 32x32 baseplate?
Thanks!
8. The border should fit within the footprint requirements.
I'd like to do some custom printed cloth flags (video game entry category) as part of the decoration for the building. I'm assuming a custom cloth flag falls under the same category as a sticker and is ok, but wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance!
9. Yes. This is ok.
I have a question : are towns or intra-muros urban areas excluded from the medieval village category?
10. No.
I didn't see anything in the rules on non-Lego pieces...
Are custom minifigure pieces like Brickwarriors, Brickforge, and the like, and/or pieces like altbrick's leaves allowed?
11. Custom pieces are typically only allowed in custom figure categories. However we do not have this type of category this year. In the past we have allowed alt-brick leaves in colors that are available from LEGO.

Ben
Silmaril_1
Serf

Post by Silmaril_1 »

10. No.
Great, thanks!
Flickr : [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/silmaril_1/[/url]

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they're genuine or not." -- A. Lincoln
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Please check the naughty list. I have 3 or 4 entries I can't approve because they are on the naughty list.

It is the smallest naughty list I can remember...but still, if you built for us, I want you to be able to participate.

Also...if you are using MOCpages and Brickshelf...those load extreme slow and/or take forever to get approved. If you want quick approval, you really need to consider another place to host your photos.

And please...this is the time when many entries come in during each day. I am trying to approve everything as soon as I see it. But I can't promise that as the Holidays approach, I will have time to check in more than once a day. I know you hate it when we say please be patient, but everyone deserves a Holiday without having to work.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
josdu
Gentleman

Post by josdu »

I know microscale has been asked about, but what about larger than minifigure scale? Is that permissible only in the miscellaneous categories?
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98280612@N05/?details=1#]Flickr[/url]

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
Matt Hew
Gong Farmer

Post by Matt Hew »

Guys help whenever I click the submit an entry thing it gives me an error message. Please help there is hardly any time left for me to enter!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

josdu wrote:I know microscale has been asked about, but what about larger than minifigure scale? Is that permissible only in the miscellaneous categories?
Yes. However you could include a larger figures such as a giant if the moc also had minifigures in it.
Guys help whenever I click the submit an entry thing it gives me an error message. Please help there is hardly any time left for me to enter!
The submit an entry form here is up and working: http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ccc/su ... test=cccxv

Please check to make sure that your information is correct and all image links work.

Thanks,

Ben
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

The contest is over. I will be trying to clear the 3 last entries. Hopefully that will be sooner than later. As soon as that is done, judging begins.

Please understand that the delay to clear the naughty list is we want to honor everyone who built for us and allow their entries in. It is a very small list this year...so I hope it will happen very quickly.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Update: Judging has started.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan