Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Colossal Castle Contest 15

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 15

Postby TheLordOfBricks » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:12 am

Thanks Blue for letting us know, we understand that you are busy, I will try not to bother you as much as last year with all the questions... :wink: Anyways, now that I said that... :tasty: I do have a question, and I know it has already been clarified for all the categories, but can the vignette category be microscale? In the Summer Joust, some were micro, and some were minifig scale... Thanks! :D
"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”" Psalms 91:2
TheLordOfBricks
Foot Soldier

Postby architect » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:47 am

mrcp6d wrote:For the Video Game Castle category, you guys looking for "castle" as in the structure or "castle" as in general medieval/fantasy content?

4. Yes. It can be a medieval related scene. See answer #2 earlier in the thread.

For the Historical Shipyard category, is custom rigging and sails allowed?

5. Yes.

Graham Gidman wrote:I have a 48x48 entry for Village Life in the works. I have two buildings, each set an angle. Their first floors are within the borders of the baseplate, but the upper floors and their roofs with be sticking out slightly (no more than two bricks, I think) on just one corner each. Is this too much overhang for the category?

6. Roof overhangs and foliage are usually allowed to overhang slightly. In the past we have not allowed the structure itself to overhang the baseplate requirement. The admins will get back to you if this changes.

TheLordOfBricks wrote:can the vignette category be microscale

7. No unless you can work in a forced perspective angle to your moc. Our vignette category has always been minifigure based in the past. We would encourage you to enter microscale in the microscale category or miscellaneous categories. Thanks!

Ben
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann

Postby LettuceBrick » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:02 am

Great categories; I'm looking forward to entering.
One question: Must borders be within baseplate size requirements or can we have for example a border into which fits a 32x32 baseplate?
Thanks!
Image Image Image
LettuceBrick
Bailiff

Postby Elephant Knight » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:15 am

I hope I am able to get some entries in. Some cool and unique categories this year, and some good prizes to boot! Don't know if my mindset will allow me to build castle, or even if I can find time. So much to build, so little time after work to build it....

EKnight
Don't ask about something: Just do it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life

The theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan

Postby nanuck95 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:32 am

Thanks again for hosting this again, I think my first CCC was #6, hard to believe this is #15 already.

Quick question from the FAQ "Custom stickers may be used for minifigure torsos, shields, and flags. "

I'd like to do some custom printed cloth flags (video game entry category) as part of the decoration for the building. I'm assuming a custom cloth flag falls under the same category as a sticker and is ok, but wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance!
nanuck95
Court jester

Postby Silmaril_1 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:31 pm

Hey all,

I have a question : are towns or intra-muros urban areas excluded from the medieval village category?
Thanks!
Silmaril_1
Gong Farmer

Postby ReeseEH » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:44 pm

I didn't see anything in the rules on non-Lego pieces...
Are custom minifigure pieces like Brickwarriors, Brickforge, and the like, and/or pieces like altbrick's leaves allowed?
ReeseEH
Gong Farmer

Previous

Return to Castle MOCs