CCC XV - Winning Entries!

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
jaapxaap
Court A-historian

Re: CCC XV - Winning Entries!

Post by jaapxaap »

Although I didn't win(oh well, maybe there is a very small chance at MB...), it was still a great honour to see that all my 6 entries have recieved a honorable mention :D :D

Thanks a lot for the organizing of this competition! I initially planned on only one or two entries, but I liked the categories that much that it turned out to be 6 entries :)
So great job motivating me and thanks again for this smooth and awesome competition. I'm looking forward to this year's CCC :D
crises
Serf

Post by crises »

It is 15 years, isn't it? Thanks for running this contest. I think it is the most important event in the whole LEGO castle-lovers community and every win or honourable mention is a big thing. Congrats to all participants and see you next year. Brace yourself, the CCC is coming :-)
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

Congrats to all the winners and thanks again to the admins for the many hours put in running the contest and judging all the entries.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

legobeethoven wrote:Thanks again to the judges for all your hard work running this contest :)
socckerkid6 wrote:Thank you to all of the judges and organizers - the categories and administration were incredible this year :)
Mark of Siloam wrote:Many huge thanks to the admins and judges for all their hard work for this contest-
mcrp6d wrote:To the staff, this was another well-run, excellent CCC--thanks so much!
Andrew JN wrote:A big thank you to the hosts/judges of this contest!
Graham Gidman wrote:Thank you so much to everyone who takes the time to put it on every year!
You are all very welcome.
fanlego wrote:I must say that unfortunately I don't build anything during the year but when CCC is coming I always want to return to my bricks and build.
We love to see comments like this! It is great that the contest helps inspire so many great creations by talented builders.
celloguy wrote:Thanks for running such a great contest! May I ask - Are the honorable mentions listed in any order, or are they random?
Yes. This year they are in order.
htx wrote:Thanks for letting me play. I'll do it again this year for sure
Thank you. We look forward to seeing your entries next year.
jaapxaap wrote:Although I didn't win(oh well, maybe there is a very small chance at MB...), it was still a great honour to see that all my 6 entries have recieved a honorable mention
That is a very impressive feat that few builders can claim. Thank you for the great entries!
crises wrote:It is 15 years, isn't it? Thanks for running this contest. I think it is the most important event in the whole LEGO castle-lovers community and every win or honourable mention is a big thing.
Yes it is. We believe that Colossal Castle Contest is the longest running annual online fan contest.
nanuck95 wrote:Congrats to all the winners and thanks again to the admins for the many hours put in running the contest and judging all the entries.
I couldn't agree more. A very special thank you to my fellow admins who spend so much time on this contest!

Ben
Fletcher Floyd
Peasant

Post by Fletcher Floyd »

Hello everybody!

As some of you may remember, I wasn't so happy about everything last year.

As I wrote here before, I'm very impressed, that the CCC-team took the feedback of the buildes seriously and made some slight changes.

My opinion: It's great that we do not have a picture size limitation any longer and that you have been really fast with scoring, although there have been many entries again this year!

So I can say both thumbs up for the CCC-Team, you did a great job and thanks for all the time you've put into this again!!

I also wanted to say that I really liked most of this year's MOC's, the Snyders have been strong again, but I also like the entries and building-style of Crises, jaapxaap, Brickmonkeys, legobeethoven, Graham Gidman, Toltomeja and many others. Congrats of course as well to my http://www.roguebricks.de and "Nine Kingdoms"-RPG-Companions Dr. Zarkow and noggy and their honorable mentions!

I think there's no doubt that one highlight of the show has been the 8x8-Category -it was fantastic with so many great entries. And in this case, wow, I'm happy I haven't been the one to make a decision here, must have been almost impossible.

Although I didn't win a category, I must say I'm more than happy with three honorable mentions this year. Really cool!!!

So let's hope that we'll all be fine until November 1st and CC XVI:-)
LittleJohn
Admin
Admin

Post by LittleJohn »

I'm very thrilled to have gotten several honorable mentions, not to mention a win, with how many outstanding entries there were this year! Everyone really produced top-notch builds.

As always, one of the highlights of the year for me was participating in the CCC. The administration is always wonderful, and you all really did incredibly this year with getting entries approved quickly and answering questions. Thank you so much for the incredible amount of time you pour into this contest! :)
Graham Gidman
Laborer

Post by Graham Gidman »

Prize arrived safe and sound. Thanks again!
Silmaril_1
Serf

Post by Silmaril_1 »

Congrats to all the participants and the winners of this year! So many amazing entries again! Can't wait for CCCXVI!
Flickr : [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/silmaril_1/[/url]

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they're genuine or not." -- A. Lincoln