Colossal Castle Contest 17

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Witz Bricks
Villein

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 17

Post by Witz Bricks »

Hey, I've got a quick question. It says the size limit is 48x48 studs or 32x64, but could you have a simple border around the outside to make it technically 50x50 studs or 34x66 studs? Just wanted to check. Thanks!
valerius_maximus
Serf

Post by valerius_maximus »

Bluesecrets wrote:
We do not have that page up and running yet. We understand that is a frustration. There are parts of the contest that each admin takes the role. The programming of the contest pages is often done within a week after it is announced. We will check in with that admin.
Ok. :)

Are non-Lego rubber bands and non-Lego string acceptable to use in contest entries?
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Witz Bricks wrote:Hey, I've got a quick question. It says the size limit is 48x48 studs or 32x64, but could you have a simple border around the outside to make it technically 50x50 studs or 34x66 studs? Just wanted to check. Thanks!
Nope.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

valerius_maximus wrote:
Bluesecrets wrote:
We do not have that page up and running yet. We understand that is a frustration. There are parts of the contest that each admin takes the role. The programming of the contest pages is often done within a week after it is announced. We will check in with that admin.
Ok. :)

Are non-Lego rubber bands and non-Lego string acceptable to use in contest entries?
Yep.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Sheo
Gong Farmer

Post by Sheo »

It seems that my questions passed unnoticed. :cry:
Sheo wrote:I'm still searching for good ideas, so please forgive me for another bunch of silly questions:
1. In the Dragon Attack category, does it have to be a peaceful settlement? May it be a battle encampment, or a castle, or a transport?
2. Aside from the Medieval Heraldry category, what are the restrictions on scale? Should it be minifigure scale, or may it be microscale, large scale, or mixed? In the Transformational Castle category, the prize is a beautiful microscale MOC, but what scale is expected from contest entries?
Thanks in advance!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Sheo wrote:I'm still searching for good ideas, so please forgive me for another bunch of silly questions:
1. In the Dragon Attack category, does it have to be a peaceful settlement? May it be a battle encampment, or a castle, or a transport?
2. Aside from the Medieval Heraldry category, what are the restrictions on scale? Should it be minifigure scale, or may it be microscale, large scale, or mixed? In the Transformational Castle category, the prize is a beautiful microscale MOC, but what scale is expected from contest entries?
Thanks in advance!
The dragon attack should be a peaceful settlement unless your heroes are venturing to the dragon's location to attack it.

The categories can be minifigure scale, microscale, or a forced perspective scale of both except for the heraldry category.

The transformational castle moc could be very large or very small.

Thanks,

Ben
Sheo
Gong Farmer

Post by Sheo »

architect wrote: The dragon attack should be a peaceful settlement unless your heroes are venturing to the dragon's location to attack it.

The categories can be minifigure scale, microscale, or a forced perspective scale of both except for the heraldry category.

The transformational castle moc could be very large or very small.

Thanks,

Ben
Thank you! Much clearer now! :)
Witz Bricks
Villein

Post by Witz Bricks »

A little bummed to see the 8x8 category is gone... Is there a reason for that?
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Witz Bricks wrote:A little bummed to see the 8x8 category is gone... Is there a reason for that?
We change it up every year. It wasn't specifically removed for any reason.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Sheo wrote:It seems that my questions passed unnoticed. :cry:
Thanks in advance!
Your question wasn't missed. We do read and answer all questions. Sometimes some questions require more time and discussion. That means we address the ones we can and come back to others once we have discussed them. In your case, I had asked Architect to address your questions because I was setting up a huge LUG events and did not have time to properly give you an answer. We prefer to give complete answers than to give incomplete and confusing ones.

We know it annoys but with the CCC, patience is always best. We're trying to do the best we can.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Sheo
Gong Farmer

Post by Sheo »

Bluesecrets wrote:Your question wasn't missed. We do read and answer all questions. Sometimes some questions require more time and discussion. That means we address the ones we can and come back to others once we have discussed them. In your case, I had asked Architect to address your questions because I was setting up a huge LUG events and did not have time to properly give you an answer. We prefer to give complete answers than to give incomplete and confusing ones.

We know it annoys but with the CCC, patience is always best. We're trying to do the best we can.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rush you. I just thought that my post might be missed because it was the last one on the previous page. Anyway, thanks for the answers!
Cab
Gong Farmer

Post by Cab »

I have two questions regarding the category Epic Duel.

First: This was sort of already answered, but I just want to make sure. Do we have to stick to minifigure scale for this particular category, or can we go larger? I was hoping I could build larger figures so that the focus of the build can truly be the duel, rather than the surroundings...

Second: Is it enough if one of the two combatants wields a weapon with a sharpened metal edge? I was thinking of having a sword-wielder go up against a mage of some sort.
Dwalin
Gong Farmer

Post by Dwalin »

Hi! What is happened with submitting page? It doesn't work almost a week. :spin: Thank you
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Cab wrote:I have two questions regarding the category Epic Duel.

First: This was sort of already answered, but I just want to make sure. Do we have to stick to minifigure scale for this particular category, or can we go larger? I was hoping I could build larger figures so that the focus of the build can truly be the duel, rather than the surroundings...

Second: Is it enough if one of the two combatants wields a weapon with a sharpened metal edge? I was thinking of having a sword-wielder go up against a mage of some sort.
We will get back to you with answers.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Dwalin wrote:Hi! What is happened with submitting page? It doesn't work almost a week. :spin: Thank you
We are working on it. I know that is frustrating but the admin who does that work is the only one who has the answer for when. It is not me who does that.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan