Walled Town MOC by Bruce Lowell (I think)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Walled Town MOC by Bruce Lowell (I think)

Post by Bruce N H »

Hi all,

I was just looking through pics from a March LUGOLA meeting (I wasn't there) and noticed this walled town layout:
I assume it's by Bruce Lowell (aka Brucey-Wan on FBTB), as that is his CCC standard wall going over a hill. In addition to that great wall subsection, the buildings are really nice and I love the weeping willow idea.

Bruce
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

That over-the-hill wall looks spectacular, although I have to wonder from looking at it whether its all that structurally stable.

Still, very impressive. I assume that the maker (if your guess about his identity is correct) is not a member of CC.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Brucey-Wan posts regularly on Lugnet and FBTB, and has contributed to a castle room CCC layout at Brickfest, but to my knowledge has not joined C-C.com. His main area of building is Star Wars. Check out his website for some great MOCs:
http://bruce.kus-numa.net/lego/

Bruce (the other one)
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

I know that the wall section that has the hill in it is Bruce's. I can't say for sure about the rest of the MOC, though.

I haven't talked to Bruce in a while, if I did I would ask him, and direct him to this thread. Great MOC.
Tycho McKorley
Artisan

Post by Tycho McKorley »

Wonderful stuff. That's quite the showcase of what the C-C city standard (I assume that's what he used) can accomplish.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tycho123]My Brickshelf Folder[/url]
jwcbigdog
Apprentice

Post by jwcbigdog »

The landscaping on this one is just fantastic. Not only is the wall really great, but I also like the way he incorporated the stream into the wall and then fortified it, not to mention all the trees. All of the buildings look great, but I like the building with the white and black best, it has a very authentic feel to it. Great job, whoever created this one.
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

That looks like a good idea and seems to work well with the other ccc standard wall. I like the small bridge behind the wall and the trees and stuff are great. Using the vines on the tree is a good idea too.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Re: Walled Town MOC by Bruce Lowell (I think)

Post by Glencaer »

Bruce N H wrote: I assume it's by Bruce Lowell (aka Brucey-Wan on FBTB), as that is his CCC standard wall going over a hill. In addition to that great wall subsection, the buildings are really nice and I love the weeping willow idea.
It is partly the work of Bruce Lowell, and partly the work of Derek Schinn - both contributed to the PDX 3CS Display and to the BFDC Display.

Both are excellent closet castlers, and both are excellent guys in an all around sort of way!

Thanks for posting this Bruce!

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Awesome landscaping hands down! I really enjoyed that wall over the w=hill. Very...original and creative.

Another thing I like is the pond. I have alway lke seeing water in MOCs. That tree is also very nice.

The buildings are very good too. My favorite being the batn/stables. Though that brown one is also cool.

The bridge adds a nice effect.
Space rocks.
jwcbigdog
Apprentice

Post by jwcbigdog »

I hate to post twice in the same thread, but I just noticed the octagonal tower in the corner with a walk through.

Very cool!!

PS I definately agree with forester, water in MOC's is a great effect!
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Re: Walled Town MOC by Bruce Lowell (I think)

Post by The Blue Knight »

Glencaer wrote:
Bruce N H wrote: I assume it's by Bruce Lowell (aka Brucey-Wan on FBTB), as that is his CCC standard wall going over a hill. In addition to that great wall subsection, the buildings are really nice and I love the weeping willow idea.
It is partly the work of Bruce Lowell, and partly the work of Derek Schinn - both contributed to the PDX 3CS Display and to the BFDC Display.

Both are excellent closet castlers, and both are excellent guys in an all around sort of way!

Thanks for posting this Bruce!

-Lenny
Yes, thats where I've seen it before. It was a big hit at BF PDX, due in no small measure to its proximity to Lenmeister's castle. :wink: I love the way the natural world is brought into the scene. Is that Derek's Mom wearing the Jets helmet?
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens