The Old Doc is at it again!

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Dragon Master
Merchant

The Old Doc is at it again!

Post by Dragon Master »

Here is Carney's second castle project for the Guild of the
Millikin-Decatur Symphony Orchestra's "Symphony of Trees", Castle Campbell.

Campbell is a has a great tower dating from 1450, and is located in Scotland, just miles away from Sterling!

click to learn more!

http://12.223.136.182/campbell/index.htm

Thanks Dr. Carney for another great creation! Keep up the good castles!

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Yet another triumph of the good doctor.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

What can be said other than beautiful?

Magnificient? Superb?

Okay, there are a lot of great adjectives to describe this.

I liked seeing the mix of slightly yellowed and pristine grey bricks. I don't know if he did it because of pieceage issues, but the effect looks realistically great.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Carney has done it again. This castle is beautiful. Alot of times one sees projects that employ elaborate uses of bricks and Snot techniques, but there is something about this beautiful simplicity that really appeals to me, much as Jojo's wizard's tower and Jail's gatehouse does. This creation, like his others just feel historical, as if this is a perfectlly accurate reprisentation of that particular castle and one cannot get any better.

In a nutshell, this is one awesome MOC - my only quibble is the lack of an interior.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Great stuff! The Doc has managed to make yet another great castle. They are all so realistic and beutifull. Thanks for bring this here man.
Space rocks.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

forester3291 wrote:Great stuff! The Doc has managed to make yet another great castle. They are all so realistic and beutifull. Thanks for bring this here man.
No prob. I'm glad to share. Although I hate being a herald, I can't keep these castles to myself. I visit Mr. Carney's fantastic site all the time. When I see updates I'm so happy! I must share them!

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I remember him telling me that he was doing Castle Carcassone. Perhaps that Castle was too big?
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Carcassone is a city, not a castle. But is even that beyond the resources of the good doctor? I guess we'll all find out.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
jwcbigdog
Apprentice

Post by jwcbigdog »

The city of Carcassone is just so huge, I don't know if it is possible to be done on the scale that Dr. Carney likes to build. I would think it would take up at least an entire room, and he usually builds on a 10 foot table. I would love to see it if he could build it though, it would be quite a sight.

His website is is totally amazing, I could spend days just looking at everything he has on it, and this is just another great example of his work. Historically authentic and absolutely magnificent.