CCC2 MOC: Island of Seclusion

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

CCC2 MOC: Island of Seclusion

Post by Bluesecrets »

This is my newest tan castle, very mathematical in nature. There is a whole story involved with it also. Which is this in short form:

To protect her, the King had a “small” sturdy castle built on an island in the middle of a lake. He placed the Princess there with a small faction of highly trained soldiers to protect her. As she came of age, the candidates for her husband were carefully scrutinized. The selected Prince along with the two men allowed to accompany him arrived. Their weapons and one of the men as directed remained in the single boat allowed to dock at the castle. Will he be successful in capturing her heart?

Tan because it reminded me of some bricks I saw in England that were yellowish tan. Well, and since I am extremely limited in grey. Brown accents because my bonus boxes had an abundance of brown heads, which I really like as a detail. It has some pond animals enhancing the lake. As well as a tiny black kitten trying to catch a ducky bigger than himself. The scene on the top is in short:

The Prince has arrived unarmed as instructed and is about to woo his Princess. An innocent kiss on the hand, a bouquet of pink flowers and a beautiful ruby are his gifts.

I am debating if I want to expand the brief description into the whole story.

Enjoy and comment if you wish.

There...I think I FINALLY got the pic and link working..dang that can be hard the first time you try that.
Last edited by Bluesecrets on Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Good job. I like tan castles because theyre different and realistic too. Keep up the good work.
Trigger
Laborer

Post by Trigger »

I love the simplicity of it. I saw this on Brickshelf and really liked it. Great work!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Beautiful looking Castle. In my opinion, tan is just as accurate a colour as grey for a Castle. We simply don't see as much of it typically.

Love the story behind it. MOCs with stories to go with them are far more interesting than ones without. At least, I think so.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Hmm very interesting castle. I love how you did the door. Tan I find is an good colour to use (better than yellow, but you didn't hear that from me).

The story you added to this MOC was cool. At first I thought it would be your typical Prince Charming coming to rescue his fair lady. Actually it is a bit inventive, the prince has to hope that the princess will fall in love with him, other wise the marrige might not work out.

All in all a good MOC.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Neat MOC!

Great use of tiles and the brown head peices. I also like the tan color, especially when mixed with dark brown like this. I really enjoy the simplicity of the whole thing and the angled aproach to it.

Neat story as well.

Keep up the great work!

D-Man
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Interesting. Maybe a bit too geometric. I can see a huge weakpoint near the front gate. A simple barrage of stones from a trebuchet or catapult could topple that already unstable structure second floor.

Nice use of tan and incorporation of Brown, this is particuarly pretty.

DM
Last edited by Dragon Master on Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Hey Blue-
I love the design. Solid and sturdy, 2 words used often to describe castles. Funny coincidence eh? I wish I had that much tan to build with. Its a great color to build a castle with. Nice back story as well.

-the other Blue
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

I can see a huge weakpoint near the front gate. A simple barrage of stones from a trebuchet or catapult could topple that already unstable structure second floor.
But where's the trebuchet going to be, on a ship? Remember, this is on an island and the shore is to far away.

D-Man
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Geat looking MOC! I really like tan castles. The brown accents are a very nice touch to the castle.

I aslo like the story behind the MOC.

Great Work on a Great Castle!
Space rocks.