wrong kind of castle

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

wrong kind of castle

Post by Merlin of Lego »

I have found that while being a student that I have had very little time to build with my collection. When I do have a chance to build I am building with my three year old son. The last three castles I have built have all been Duplo and lasted at the most two hours. Is there any one else with this problem.
My son does pull out his duplos to build castles, that at least is cool.
James
Peasant

Post by James »

Are you building out of normal Duplo bricks or building using the new Castle Duplo. The new stuff is amazing. I never would have thought I'd be buying myself Duplo at my age but they really are very good :D Much better than KK2 anyway. I'd be very interested to see what MOCs people come up with using the new Duplo Castle sets.
James Stacey
------
www.minifig.co.uk
I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' Incommunicado
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Although I can't say I have a son. I kind of know what you mean. Right now I dn't have the bricks, money or room to build a big castle. M Mom thinks my room is a mess. Alright, Alright. It IS a mess. I just can't find the time to build a nice castle. Plus my limit on bricks makes me use BURPs for some of the wall wich limits my creativity.

So YES. I find myself not being able to build many castles that can stay together.
Space rocks.
bannear
Artisan

wrong kind of castle

Post by bannear »

Merlin of Lego,
I can relate! my 3 year old son Merlin - yes that is his name - and I build all kinds of things with lego. He has a great knack for taking things apart or adding his own ideas to the building mid stream. He also likes to take off with the part I just pulled out to use and put it onto his latest creation. I must say I do my CCContest2 building after he goes to bed. In the morning when he gets up he "play tests" my creation - whether I want him to or not. He climbs chairs and boxes to get at things I hide away - he has a 6th sense about finding Lego. It is cool when I build something that can withstand his play - means it is really strong and can take rough handling. My Brewery has lasted the longest and coupled with the cart has given the most play hours - but I have never seen a brewery that stores the barrels on the roof! I am trying to give up control of the Lego a bit because he ccomes up with some really cool ideas some times so ... I try and not get frustrated or angry. it is not always easy. He rebuilt my yellow gate yesterday when I was at work. After initally being upset I had to commend hime becaause he built a really good structure out of the bricks - with windows and stairs!
Good luck with your creations!
Bert Annear
Bert's Brick's
http://www.BrickLink.com/store.asp?p=bannear
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Yes I too have that "problem." Its a wondeful dilema. My son is seven,and my daughter is nine. We have made many, many creations that have lasted only moments. LEGOFREAK (I think it was Pat, right) has posted some great stuff he and his son have concocted.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Adding on to what I said earlier. I don't think I quite understood your question. So I will take another at it.

Although I don't have a son, or duaghter. I DO have a younger 6 year old sister that sometimes comes into my room to build secretly. I msut say kids have some good ideas. She say she would rather play with her toy horses and that she doesn;t like LEGO but she keeps coming in my room whe nI'm sleeping and digging through my LEGO buckets. Of course I wake up and chase her away, but I kind of like that I have passed my LEGO heritage on to her. Though she isn't getting any LEGO passed down to her. I need all the LEGO I can get,

To get back on subject: I find that when I build a castle creation it sometimes get stepped on or re-modeled by my sister. She, Like Blue Knights son, has some intresting ideas. Like a horse sleeping in the human's bed. :? :roll: Even a two-head man(I will have to post a pic of that. :D ).
Space rocks.