Problems with CCContest

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Dragon Master
Merchant

Problems with CCContest

Post by Dragon Master »

After realizing that my CCC buildings weren't CCC standard, I was looking through the contest and Jose Molina's Black Falcon's home isn't CCC standard for it is built on baseplates. Another exception is Elijah C.'s Tudor Inn. I suggest that these are moved out of the CCC becuase they do not meet the standard. Or if not then prehaps my MOC's could be entered even though they use baseplates.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Re: Problems with CCContest

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Dragon Master wrote:After realizing that my CCC buildings weren't CCC standard, I was looking through the contest and Jose Molina's Black Falcon's home isn't CCC standard for it is built on baseplates. Another exception is Elijah C.'s Tudor Inn. I suggest that these are moved out of the CCC becuase they do not meet the standard. Or if not then prehaps my MOC's could be entered even though they use baseplates.

DM
I was unaware anyone was preventing you from entering the contest. :)

I am not the contest admin, so you'll have to bring it up with Ben. I've been allowing entries into the 3C category as long as they are free standing and could just as well be built on plates as they are on baseplates. Typically if there are walls or terrain involved I do not allow them in the 3C tudor building category.

However, because I am not the contest admin, my word is not final. When Ben comes back from holiday he'll make a final judgement. Until then I see no reason for you not to enter your buildings to the contest.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Dragon Master,

The "CCC - Tudor Style Shops" category buildings can be on small baseplates, just not huge ones like a giant 48x48 grey baseplate :wink:

Our prize, 3739, is a good example because it is on two 8x16 baseplates. The idea is that the set can be positioned at angles inside city walls. We would prefer entries on plates, but small baseplates work too.

As for contest entries - occasionally people enter into the wrong category and admins have to move it to the right one. I would encourage everyone to ask questions and read the rules and descriptions. (especially the 3 image limit)

Ben E.
Contest Admin