Another Great Castle MOC on Brickshelf.

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
wlister
Sheriff

Another Great Castle MOC on Brickshelf.

Post by wlister »

Hi All,

Not sure if he posts here, but he does post on Lugnet occasionally. David Ishak has posted another enormous castle layout.
Here is the link:http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=67404

Here is an side view of the layout.

Sorry if I am stepping on toes, but I am pretty sure he has yet to post here. An here is a link to the Lugnet thread so you can tell him what you think.
http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=19003

I for one am amazed and a little jealous...

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Charlie
Freeman

Post by Charlie »

Ah!

I just saw this on bricklink about 10 minutes ago (well, it's probably going to be a bit more than that after I finish this post up) and was literally just about to post it here on Classic Castle, I thought it was such an amazing castle layout, and didn't see it posted anywhere here either.

I would really like to complement him on this, it is one of the most amazing castles I have seen in awhile, there is so much detail, and I am a HUGE fan of the combination of the tudor-style sections on top of the light gray lower section, I think it looks really great. This is the sort of thing I have always wanted and tried to do, but never was able to. I have gone into somewhat of a dark age in the last four or five months since I had to sell off mostly all of my Lego collection due to other things that have come up, but this has really inspired me and I'm going to have to find a way to build my collection back up again. I feel the urge to start building again!

I really like the detailed windows with black roofs all along the sides of the castle, as well as the archwork all over the sides of the castle as well.

The landscape is also very well done, and I really like the look of the inverted slope and arch combination along the top of the castle.

I see some hinges along some of the walls, so it would seem it opens up some way. I would really love to see some interior shots of this.

The small town in front of the castle is also very well developed, and isn't all uniform, which to me makes it look more realistic and visually appealing.

There are so many things I could go on about for a long time, but I'll just end my post by saying how amazing I think this castle is!
davescastle
Villein

Davescastle 2

Post by davescastle »

Hi all,

This would be my first post here. I had no idea that there was a discussion forum here until Benjamin Ellermann had pointed it out to me at Lug.Castle and I am quite thrilled to know that there is a place outside of Lugnet.Castle(can I mention this?). I Have now officially become a member and you will be hearing a lot more from me. Let alone finding time to do what I love best(building Lego) I find myself struggling to keep up with what is happening in the world of Lego around me. I have finally finished building my second Castle after working on it several hours a week for the past two months and it feels like quite the achievement for me.

I still have yet to create and design a webpage for all of my creations, kind of still in the process of educating myself on what I need to do.

For now though, I only have my Brickshelf folder which is: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/galle ... ves-castle

This latest Castle I have just completed was my first attempt at raising a model surrounded with Landscape. It is meant to be three seperate islands, with the Castle been mainly on the larger isle and a village seperated by a river sitting on two seperate isles. I have put a lot more detail in this one opposed to my older setup. With the internal shots I will be uploading soon I will post another to explain the main outlay of the Castle.

I should really mention that my Inspiration for building such a MOC came from many Castle lego fans, such as Johannes Kholer, Kev Hall, Pawel Nazarewicz and many others.

I should also mention that this site is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards,

Dave
davescastle
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Dave,

Welcome to Classic-Castle
I had no idea that there was a discussion forum here until Benjamin Ellermann had pointed it out to me at Lug.Castle and I am quite thrilled to know that there is a place outside of Lugnet.Castle(can I mention this?).
You most certainly can :D
I should also mention that this site is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. The admins here try :wink: And the discussion and creations of all the castle fans is great.

Ben Ellermann
Sets Admin
jeff_o_rama
Laborer

Post by jeff_o_rama »

Everyone please notice the band of Forestmen at the base of the castle wall preparing their stealthy attack. Aww yeah.

Go Forestmen!

-Jeff

P.S. My compliments to the builder: Awesome MOC!
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Wow!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

So as I sit and drool in front of my computer screen I call my wife from the other room to come have a gander at your castle layout. I point out to her the plastic containers for bricks, etc., under your table and up against the wall behind the castle (in one of the pics) She exclaims, "well, you will have ask him what he does for a living, because we will be in the poorhouse if you try to keep up with him!"

She doesn't understand..... :)
Troy T. Moore
Magnus
Artisan

Dave's castle

Post by Magnus »

Dave,

Excellent structure! And what a layout, with the village at the foot of the castle an everyhting. Your castle has a very genuine continental European sort of feel to it, and as was mentioned on Lugnet, the landscaping works really well also. I really like how the rear wall is much higher than the front wall creating a sort of concentric effect when the castle is viewed from the village.

Magnus
davescastle
Villein

Post by davescastle »

Troy T. Moore wrote:
She doesn't understand..... :)
I know exactly where your coming from. I can almost say, I feel your pain. I think it took me close to a full year on my knees begging, everyday to get these bins. I think sometimes we have to turn the roll and do a little Nagging ourselves, it does seem to work for them(just joking!!!!!!!!!!)

Really though, I can understand that they arent cheap, and it did take me a few months to save for them. Once I got them, I didnt look back.

Thanks for checking out my MOC. My wife actually thinks that this Castle will be my new home as I have spent enough time building it, and she is now anticipating the day I actually decide to move in.

Thanks again,

Dave
davescastle
davescastle
Villein

Re: Dave's castle

Post by davescastle »

Magnus wrote:Dave,

Excellent structure! And what a layout,

I really like how the rear wall is much higher than the front wall creating a sort of concentric effect when the castle is viewed from the village.

Magnus
Thank you Magnus. My main objective was to get the Keep towering over the rest of the Castle and Village, eventhough I ran out of Light Grey Bricks, I think it managed well

Thanks again,

Dave
davescastle
CJXXX
Serf

--

Post by CJXXX »

Dave-

Man...this is one of those creations that you sit back and gaze at before making any comments. I have to say that all the minute details make this far more amazing than just some guy's arrangement of his gigantic lego collection ( you know what i'm talking about...stuff that is big just for the sake of being big and showing off how many legos you've got...)

the little grates for the water are very nice. the tudor construction is flawless, and the design of the keep is obviously well thought out. it seems like not so much a battle fortress as a vital part of the community...and this seems like a pretty rich community, what with all the nice homes.... the robin hoods have chosen a swell suburbia to plunder this time :)

this is fantastic, Dave. My hat is off to you.

C.J.