New Castle MOCs

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
CJXXX
Serf

New Castle MOCs

Post by CJXXX »

I have created a Royal Gate, Retired Knight's Home, Blacksmith and Saddle shop, a Circus Cart, Forest Heroes, and Black Knight. I like my gatehouse a lot, and wish I had the resources to create a perimeter wall. At least there is the hope of a large CCC display.... anyone here a member of IndyLUG?

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=67886
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Man - those are some great mocs!

I especially loved the old mans house.. very nice.

not so keen on the gate though - it gives me too much competition :D :lol:

actually I love that one too. great job and keep up the great building. cant wait to see what you post next.

LF
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I too like the Old Man's House.

The shops are great too, I have to say they are some of the best shops I have seen. There have just been too many half-timbered shops. Nice use of the flags for awnings as well.

I really like the stone status at the gate entrance as well, I may have to "borrow" that idea for my next castle. Not for the contest, so don't worry. Nice work,

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
CJXXX
Serf

--

Post by CJXXX »

Thanks you guys! Some key things I want to point out about the gate are the chains on the drawbridge and the cattails around the moat. :) I also want to thank classic-castle.com for having this contest, because I think it has really given us inspiration to build better and better castle MOCs. This contest has single-handedly rescued me from Star Wars, which has grown tedious....
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi CJXXX,

As a contest admin, I want to tell you that these are nice moc's. Don't forget, you are limited to 3 photos in a folder for each entry.

Everyone please read all the contest rules, we dont want to disqualify anyone. More photos arent fair to everyone.

Ben E.
Contest Admin
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi, its me again.

Sorry to be picky, but multiple picture collages are not acceptable

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=67888

Only one photo per image. Thanks :D

Ben E.
Contest Admin
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: New Castle MOCs

Post by footsteps »

CJXXX wrote:I have created a Royal Gate, Retired Knight's Home, Blacksmith and Saddle shop, a Circus Cart, Forest Heroes, and Black Knight.
Do you have instructions or separate photos for the knight statues at the entrance to the drawbridge? Those look really cool. Well done!

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
CJXXX
Serf

--

Post by CJXXX »

sorry about the collage. i thought since it was demonstrating an action of one feature it would be okay...i will replace that picture immediately.

also, please notice i have included separate folders for the contest that show only three photos for the purpose of the contest....the other pictures are merely for display. thanks!

Alan- I can get some photos for the statues that detail their construction - beware it uses a somewhat sketchy construction technique typical of small mecha and PCS hardsuits, etc, for the arms. i'll post when those are available.

Thanks all

C.J.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Those RULE!!!

C.J. I love those! They are 15/10 man. I love those knight statues and can't wait for the directions, they are so origional and cool! I like those two shops. I have been trying to make timberframe shops but those are great. I'm gonna make a few shops that way too (but not for the contest). Old man's house is awsome too {care to explain the arms on the roof though?}.

Hands down, my favorite mocs!

Keep it up C.J. what do ya got next?

DM (CJ's biggest fan)
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
davescastle
Villein

Re: New Castle MOCs

Post by davescastle »

CJXXX wrote:I have created a Royal Gate, Retired Knight's Home, Blacksmith and Saddle shop, a Circus Cart, Forest Heroes, and Black Knight.
I really love the Old mans home with the patched up roof, that is a really Great idea, very original.

The statues at the Royal Gates are very inspiring, kind of reminds me of the statues from the Lord of the Ring pt 1. I would love to take on this idea myself and it seems to fit in just right.

And, I dont think anyone can argue that the Heroes of all Kingdoms will always be the Forestmen. Definetely mine anyway.

Great work,

Regards,

Dave
davescastle
CJXXX
Serf

arms?

Post by CJXXX »

DM-

first of all, thank you for the comments. you are too kind, but there are thousands of better mocs than mine out there.

arms on the roof of the old man's home? perhaps you refer to the antlers on the giant elk head inside? i'm not sure what you mean if not that.

Dave-

thanks for the comments as well. Of course the forestmen will always be the favored heroes -- i know mine aren't really special, but i love them anyway :)

statue photos still to come....
CJXXX
Serf

--

Post by CJXXX »

Knight Statue pics are here...

they're not the best....

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=68032
(when it is moderated)
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: --

Post by footsteps »

CJXXX wrote:Knight Statue pics are here...
they're not the best....
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=68032
(when it is moderated)
Thanks for the pix. You did a great job. Those arm joints are the freakiest I've ever seen, but they obviously work! How did you come up with that type of joint construction?

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
CJXXX
Serf

--

Post by CJXXX »

though i designed the arms of these specific statues, i can't credit myself with the concept of using control switches as arms. this hardsuit design was my inspiration:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=418848

and i know i've seen other people use control switches in unnatural ways...

hats off to those who came before me.

(maybe i should leave it off)
Bricksidge
Philosopher-King of the Gong Farmers

Post by Bricksidge »

I saw these great MOCs, but forgot to reply! Just wanted to say I really like them. Very nice mecha cross over in the knight statues, but my favorite part is the helmet; love that use of levers and feathers!
~[url=http://www.neutronbot.com/kevin/]Kevin Blocksidge[/url]