Cart and horde by Shaun Sullivan

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:My barbarian army could beat the snot outta his! :twisted:
Actually, I rather prefer his barbarians...

Yours are great, but they are all identical, with identical equipment, just like an army of Jojos... er... Black Falcon spearsmen. Barbarians are supposed to be independent-minded chaps.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:My barbarian army could beat the snot outta his! :twisted:
Actually, I rather prefer his barbarians...

Yours are great, but they are all identical, with identical equipment, just like an army of Jojos... er... Black Falcon spearsmen. Barbarians are supposed to be independent-minded chaps.
Not to get this hijack this thread, but...

Yes, it does look like my guys came out of a clone machine, but I hope to change that soon. I want to triple my troops and give them some scimitars and warhammers, and the rest bows. Also, I want some meaner-looking heads. The happy/scared heads weren't even supposed to be on the 'finished' horde, but they came with the torsos and it was easy just to keep them on for now. But as Will said, tons of Normans aren't cheap...neither are Islanders. Ah, the woes of building an army. :wink:

Now, back on topic:
davee123 wrote:Ha! I torched that Kart good!

This whole thing was for a BrikWars game this past weekend:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=120222
Haha, that's great! Are you planning a write-up? I love reading Brikwars battle write-ups. I only wish there were some other Brikwars-players near me so I could play.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:
davee123 wrote:Ha! I torched that Kart good!

This whole thing was for a BrikWars game this past weekend:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=120222
Haha, that's great! Are you planning a write-up? I love reading Brikwars battle write-ups. I only wish there were some other Brikwars-players near me so I could play.
Hm. I dunno if there'll be a writeup. But it was a pretty fun game. Highlights:

Each team had to reach the center of the board (a small well), and then escape with their "Item of Immesurable Value" (which was attached to the cart until the cart was destroyed). Further, the escape route had to be in a direction that one of the other players had come from. So no doubling back the way you came.

Shaun & Alfred fielded hordes of archers. There was SUCH a limited point budget that he made each of his archers helmetless, and didn't even purchase quivers for all of them, so some had *one* shot before they would run out of arrows. A small contingent of Dan's barbarians met them early on, killed one of his horses, as well as one of his heros. (Note: Shaun wrote the rules for the game, and in them, specified that each team was allowed *ONE* and only *ONE* hero. But then he fielded two because he "forgot". We vowed never to let him forget his mistake! Bwahaha!)

Joe & Wayne fielded a mix of soldiers and archers, all female. Again, Dan's barbarian horde ran at them very early on, and skewered their hero (and killed a couple others).

Meanwhile, we fielded a small hodgepodge of troops. Archers mostly. Dan sent a lone mounted barbarian to attack us, but he *BARELY* missed our assassin, doing no damage whatsoever. Unfortunately for the oaf, his momentum forced him to keep running directly into the range of our Greek Fire flamethrower, which proceeded to destroy him. Hi-larious. We got to roll 3d6 damage. We rolled 6, 6, 5. Awesome.

Ahead of us, we sent 2 assassins. Stealthed archers who could hide in the bushes without being seen. Each moving VERY fast, and each with only *1* Armor Value. They playfully shot at our opponents, killing them off here and there. Fun for the whole family. But the assassin who went to go attack Shaun's troops met with some misfortune. Shaun's troops knew that the assassin was hiding in the bushes, so they sent over a lone archer to attack. However, the archer didn't have a quiver, and had already spent his single shot, so he had no weapon to attack the assassin with. Instead, he used his bow as a staff, and beat the assassin over the head. He then bent over the assassin's body, took an arrow from *his* quiver, and shot him with it. Poor assassin.

When we finally reached the middle of the board, our archers all shot at Joe & Wayne's oncoming elephant, who (after losing the end of his trunk in an earlier conflict) didn't survive. It crashed to the ground, leaving their cart immobile. Bwahaha!

Joe was heartbroken. Without a hero to coordinate fire, he was convinced he'd lost (in our games you need a hero to combine fire). Shaun was put off, but because he had ILLEGALLY (I'll never let him forget!) fielded TWO heros, he still had a good shot at winning. If things kept going the way they were going, Shaun's remaining hero would be pitted against Joe's onslaught of soldiers, and would be kept busy, and chances are we would have won. But Joe, Wayne, Shaun, and Alfred all decided to join forces against us. Their troops stopped fighting each other, and turned towards our cart.

In an effort to ensure that nobody ELSE would win, when we reached the center well, we set it on fire with our flamethrower. Now it was pretty much a given that nobody else could get close to the well for the rest of the game. However, we forgot one crucial thing. Fire spreads. Quickly. It would soon engulf both us AND each of our viable escape routes.

In a last ditch effort, Shaun sent his cart headlong into the flames, and fired at our cart with his mortar, hoping to at least destroy us, since his own chances of winning had been thwarted. His mortar does 1d20 damage. He rolled... a 1. It was great.

The board was soon to be engulfed in flames. Our cart could probably have retreated off the board, back the way we came, but there was just about no way we could *actually* win. So, instead, "fire" was declared the winner of the game, having soon engulfed the countryside. <sigh> Good times.

DaveE