Oldie but Goodie #16: Medieval Town by David Eaton

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Oldie but Goodie #16: Medieval Town by David Eaton

Post by footsteps »

David Eaton's Midieval (sic) Village was one of the first castle town layouts that I came across. Lots of nice details in this one.

Also, if you step up to his main creations page you'll find some nice work on a motorized tank-pod (with video), a dodecahedron, a dragon, and a whole slew of <cough, cough> SW <cough> creations.

Hope you like it.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

Very nice, I like the way he did landscaping.
I also like all the life he put in it; the livestock, farmers, etc.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I like the village, I check that page from time to time. I never knew about the Dragon though, thanks for giving me the heads up.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

Dragon Master wrote:I like the village, I check that page from time to time. I never knew about the Dragon though, thanks for giving me the heads up.
Heh, you'll still find stuff now and again popping up there. The dragon appeared in the BrickFest 2003 version of my "Medieval Meyhem" model that we built for the 2003 roadshow: http://www.suave.net/~dave/pre_roadshow.cgi

But for whatever reason it seems like I've been building less these days. Hopefully that'll change soon since I'm about done with the last of the Big Sorts (although I'm not slated for more castle creations just yet)

The village was actually built more because we needed a "mundane" part of a layout, rather than because I wanted to build it. And back then (in 2000 or so), wow, tan was HARD to come by. All of the little building MOCs back then (and the VERY few medeival houses that were around) used slope bricks for the roofs. I was the first I had seen to actually use plates to top off angled roofs, and I just did that because plates were the only available tan pieces I could find. And people kept asking how I attached the roofs...

Ahh, if only I could just rebuild it again...

DaveE