something for the desktop.

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

something for the desktop.

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Ok - So I have an interesting job.. sometimes too interesting. I need a little... relaxation.. yeah.. thats it.. relaxation. :wink:
So I made this for my desk.

And Stephen... it has the catapult to throw paperclips at my co-workers... :D

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thele ... lder01.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thele ... lder02.jpg

as always.. critique away boyo's and lasses

LF
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Patrick thats awsome! The catapult is a nice touch, I'm sure your co-workers will love being pelted by paperclips! Its a very practacal use of your bricks, I just hope your co-workers don't get jealous and steal that awsome knight!

DM
metalsluguy
Gong Farmer

I want one of those!

Post by metalsluguy »

Hehe,

Very cool.

I'm sure your co-workers will think twice before they try to steal a pen from your guarded tower, and one with knight and mounted catapult to boot.

-Jose
moom
Freeman

Post by moom »

It's done well and balanced for it's small size. Although I think you need to add an extra layer of bricks above the door (and lift the pens by a equal amount).

Any reactions from your collegues to this hostile, escalating and undiplomatic move of yours?

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Very cool desk accessory. It looks like it would also be easy to somehow hinge the 1x6x5 wall piece to swing open to store something (tape?).

One critique as an actual castle--that catapult would surely come crashing down, no?

Bruce
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Woohoo Freak!!!! :D A good conversation piece for any office.
Troy T. Moore
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Nice !
What a nice idea.
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

That is awesome! its like a little watchtower (that holds pens and fires paperclips ;)) but seriously, its a nice little MOC as always!

Nikos
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

wow - seven replies overnight! thanks. :D
Ok

1. DM - I am not worried about my co-workers stealing my knight, but I AM keeping an eye or two on my clients..... :shock:
2. Sluggo - thats part of the reason I built it. My pens do have a tendency to wander. :wink:
3. Moom - I added another layer of bricks over the door and put a platform in to make the pens higher. You're right. It looks better. And office politics being what they are, Tina and Ze have formed an alliance and are making threatening noises, however because I have a corner location I think I will be ok. If not - well I will just have to bring support from home. My Siege engine throws a mean spear, and the pointy bits hurt. :lol:
4. Bruce - the first version I made had a drawer for post it notes, but it was huge, so I redesigned it with a small size in mind. And yes in a Real Castle the catapult would come crashing down. But since you wouldnt have pens the size of fir trees sticking out of the top anyway... I thought what the heck. :wink:
5. Thanks Troy :D
6. Thanks David :D
7. Thanks Nik :D

Thanks to everyone, and several people at my office have already asked me to create destop sculptures for them. I told them to provide the lego and I would build...:D
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: something for the desktop.

Post by footsteps »

Aaaahhh... inspiration.... I love it. I love this site. It's nice to share. When my desk at work gets reconfigured, I'm gonna see about getting something like this.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Stephen
Laborer

Post by Stephen »

Great idea Freak! Just the thing to protect your treasures from the marauding bands of barbarian co-workers. I like the catapault too, just be careful not to hit your boss. (Unless you intend to.)
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

LEGOFREAK wrote:

Thanks to everyone, and several people at my office have already asked me to create destop sculptures for them. I told them to provide the lego and I would build...:D
LoL, Forget your current job, and make it a job of creating Lego sculptures for your friends!! ;)

Nikos
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

This looks like a bucket of fun! How far does it shoot those death-dealing bolts?