Tolkien story request

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Tolkien story request

Post by Bruce N H »

Hi all,

I've just gone back through and re-coded a lot of the html for my Tolkien story. It should look exactly the same, but now all the photos are stored on Brickshelf. It seems okay to me, but if you check it out at:
http://www.ozbricks.net/bricktales/lotr ... 00-00.html
could you let me know if you see any problems? I know the photos load a little slower, but I had to go to this solution or lose my ozbricks site. Eventually I'll just break down and pay for some web space, which would hopefully avoid any of these problems.

Bruce
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Table suggestion

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Bruce,

Looked at the new pages, and the pics are actually not too slow in loading (I guess it will depend on how busy Brickshelf is on a particular day).

Have you thought about using tables to link the text and pictures? I actually rewrote and first three pages of your LOR story using some basic table examples (border, no border, colspan and other stuff). If you like, I can mail them over -- I don't think I can copy the .htm here. Anyway, I've always found tabels to be a good way to 'manage' the readers eye and move them from focus to focus on the page (once I was a newpaper editor). Also, if you've used a table, you can establish a fixed point on the page to include other links or information, common to each page.

Dave O'Hare
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Dave,

Go ahead and mail them. I can't promise I'll change anything, as I've just gone through and altered about 150 pages of html, so I'm not anxious to start again. However, my html skills are pretty basic, so I'm quite happy to see new ways to do things.

Bruce
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Email?

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Bruce,

Happy to mail the files, but I could not find your email on your site or here on CCC. My email is DaveOhare01@yahoo.com if you want to send yours over.

I've done a lot of HTML and can give you some suggestions if you like. On my primary domain I have sev thousand pics from when I used to do concert photography and I ended up using templates to save myself from re-writing the same basic pages over and over.

Dave O'Hare