LCC - Lenfald Official Faction Thread *New LC12!*

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord Mercat
Laborer

Re: LCC - Lenfald Official Faction Thread *New LC12!*

Post by Lord Mercat »

AK_Brickster wrote:You might have been joking, but I wanted to point out that such 'strategy' is not what we want to see in unrestricted entries. That category was created so that you can build big, awesome entries, not so you can "stretch it" a stud for extra points. :( If too many people abuse the spirit of the three categories, then we will have to make the minimum size something like 48x48 for the next GC
To be honest, personally I think that having a minimum size for the unrestricted entries in the future would be a good idea regardless of whether or not the spirit of the categories are abused. It simply makes it more organized, and easier to understand, in addition to prevent cheesing your way to more points. Also, it helps separate the unrestricted and restricted entries much more clearly.
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

AK_Brickster wrote:
ludzik wrote:Can you make it 33x33 ;)? That way it would be an unrestricted entry
You might have been joking, but I wanted to point out that such 'strategy' is not what we want to see in unrestricted entries. That category was created so that you can build big, awesome entries, not so you can "stretch it" a stud for extra points. :( If too many people abuse the spirit of the three categories, then we will have to make the minimum size something like 48x48 for the next GC
Hence smiley ;). While maybe not the best spot for discussion if you're afraid of abuse, I'd suggest making it 36x or something like that... Another thought is that maybe rather then x by y make the unrestricted an area minimum of maybe 1156 or something like that....
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

Lord Mercat wrote: To be honest, personally I think that having a minimum size for the unrestricted entries in the future would be a good idea regardless of whether or not the spirit of the categories are abused. It simply makes it more organized, and easier to understand, in addition to prevent cheesing your way to more points. Also, it helps separate the unrestricted and restricted entries much more clearly.
Now I'm confused... There was a published minimum of 33x33
Lord Mercat
Laborer

Post by Lord Mercat »

ludzik wrote:Now I'm confused... There was a published minimum of 33x33
Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear, I meant more of a published minimum in the sense of not merely "anything larger than 32x32" sort of like how the restricted category isn't just "larger than 8x8" but has a specified minimum size of 20x20.
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

Why are we discussing this here?! This has nothing to do with the faction of Lenfald, any queries regarding the Global Challenge should be kept to its own thread. Thanks.
Sir Valiant
Archer

Re: LCC - Lenfald Official Faction Thread Feb. Freebuild

Post by Sir Valiant »

Hello fellow Lenfels! Great to see all these entries coming in for the GCVI.
This is my first Free-build of the month. Its inspired by the many great castle builders her on CC and in this faction.
Thanks guys for being an inspiration! :) So I present to you,

Meadowland Keep:

Happy Building,
Sir Valiant~
"Soli Deo Gloria"
Sir Valiant~ ----------[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/93632612@N08/]Flickr[/url]
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

A quick reminder, there is only one week left to build for the Current LC. Is ANYONE planning on entering by Saturday, or should I extend the deadline again?
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

friskywhiskers wrote:A quick reminder, there is only one week left to build for the Current LC. Is ANYONE planning on entering by Saturday, or should I extend the deadline again?
I'll be in on time.
Andared of Lenfald
Foot Soldier

Post by Andared of Lenfald »

friskywhiskers wrote:A quick reminder, there is only one week left to build for the Current LC. Is ANYONE planning on entering by Saturday, or should I extend the deadline again?
I will be entering, and my entry should be up sometime this week, most likely sooner rather than later.
GyustSil
Laborer

Post by GyustSil »

My last entry to the GCVI-Unrestricted Size
LCC-GCVI- Unrestricted Size- Escaping Burgdebosen por GustSil, no Flickr
Here are the restricted one:
LCC-GCVI- Freeing the Prisoners por GustSil, no Flickr
And the Vignette:
LCC-GCVI- Vignette- In Dragons' Clothing por GustSil, no Flickr
Hope you guys enjoy! :)
[img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/95487351 ... 3d8e_m.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... nfald2.jpg[/img]
"Dulce, et decorum est pro patria mori" Quintus Horatius Flaccus
For the Great Lenfald!
mpoh98
Justiciar

Post by mpoh98 »

Here is my entry into the GCVI, the restricted category.

GCVI: Midnight Raid by mpoh98, on Flickr

Story on flickr!

MOC thread link:
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/75100]Mocpages[/url], [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/92459453@N08/]Flickr[/url]
Support [url=https://ideas.lego.com/projects/74333]Huckleberry Finn[/url] on Lego Ideas!
Philippians 4:13
Lord Mercat
Laborer

Post by Lord Mercat »

Here is my entry for the GC VI- Restricted Scene

LCC- Lenfald- GC VI- Enter the Tax Minister

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24955
mpoh98
Justiciar

Post by mpoh98 »

Great job guys on competing in the Global Contest 6! I think we put out the most entries! :D Does anyone know the new stats?
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/75100]Mocpages[/url], [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/92459453@N08/]Flickr[/url]
Support [url=https://ideas.lego.com/projects/74333]Huckleberry Finn[/url] on Lego Ideas!
Philippians 4:13
Lord Mercat
Laborer

Post by Lord Mercat »

mpoh98 wrote:Great job guys on competing in the Global Contest 6! I think we put out the most entries! :D Does anyone know the new stats?
Why yes, I happen to have them right here. I went back and recompiled all entries. Entries were taken from the GC VI topic, and I also added in Acrosswave's entries for the outlaws because he mentioned entering in that topic. If an entry has not been posted or hinted at in the official GC VI topic, I have not reflected that data here. In addition, one entry for the Outlaws was listed as just "for the largest entry" but it was built on a 32X32 baseplate without anything adding to the base size of the MOC, so I counted it as a restricted MOC. Also, any entries that blatantly depicted the killing of the queens troops were not included, as per AK Bricksters announcement on that issue. That said- Here are the stats as they sit now:

Garheim:

Vignette Entries: 11= 11 points (most in the GC VI)
Restricted Entries: 9= 27 points
Unrestricted Entries: 6= 30 points
Total Entries: 26
Total points based off of entries: 68

Lenfald:

Vignette Entries: 10= 10 points
Restricted Entries: 11= 33 points (most in the GC VI)
Unrestricted Entries: 6= 30 points
Total Entries: 27 (most in the GC VI)
Total points based off of entries: 73 (most in the GC VI)

Loreos:

Vignette Entries: 8=8 points
Restricted Entries: 7= 21 points
Unrestricted Entries: 7= 35 points (tied for most in the GC VI)
Total Entries: 22
Total points based off of entries: 63

Outlaws:

Vignette Entries: 10=10 points
Restricted Entries: 9= 27 points
Unrestricted Entries: 7= 35 points (tied for most in the GC VI)
Total Entries: 26
Total points based off of entries: 72

So, as you can see the entry point results are very close indeed! Lenfald won by 1 point in both total entry numbers, and points received by entries (should be accurate, but remember these are unofficial results), showing that, yes indeed- every entry counts! However, please note that all the point totals are VERY close- there are a mere 11 points of separation between the highest entry points and the lowest entry points. This means that, if Loreos, or Garheim wins this contest, they will take the top spot in Global points totals. Should Lenfald (or the outlaws) win, Lenfald will retain its position on the top. Excellent work everyone, you all make me proud to be a Lenfel!
Disco86
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Disco86 »

I am proud of you fellow Lenfels for building that many. Hope we can win this GC, maybe I am building again soon...