LEGO Hobbit Video game w/exlusive Bilbo Baggins Minifig

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
SSchmidt
Merchant

LEGO Hobbit Video game w/exlusive Bilbo Baggins Minifig

Post by SSchmidt »

Hey guys,

I am a LEGO video game nerd, and have already preordered the LEGO Hobbit Video game for both PS4 and PSVita. The game is being released (as of now) on April 8, 2014.

When you preorder the LEGO games, there is usually a free minifigure bonus. I have been attempting to track down what this bonus is. If you remember, the LOTR LEGO game preorder came with a free minifigure of the 2nd Age Elrond. This WAS ONLY available at Gamestop. Well it seems for the Hobbit game, the only store giving a preorder bonus is, once again, Gamestop. I have contacted Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and others, and none of them can confirm they are giving any minifigure. Only Gamestop can.

When you preorder the LEGO Hobbit on any video game system at Gamestop, you get this exclusive Bilbo Baggins minifigure. For a $5.00 deposit, you can preorder the game.

Exclusive Bilbo Baggins Hobbit Preorder Minifigure by SSchmidt--, on Flickr
This is not leaked information, it is publicly displayed on Gamestop's website.

If you are at all a fan of the LOTR or Hobbit, I would suggest preordering this game (if you don't play games, you could then resale the brand new copy for 90% of what you paid for it and just keep the fig.) I preordered two copies of the LOTR game just for Elrond, and I am so happy I did. He proudly sits on my shelf with all my treasured figures.

It is unknown if this fig has a dual face, but Elrond did and most of the LOTR fleshy figs do. I would imagine this Bilbo would be no exception.
We have yet to see the Elrond figure re-released, so I would be doubtful if you can find this minifig in a set. He is currently going for $20.00 new on Bricklink (which is the cheapest I have seen him). I would expect Bilbo to be rare and expensive as well.
PSN: SSchmidt-
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/copy_of_lionhearttorso.jpg[/img]
[img]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2807/9561546705_8f26947042_o.jpg[/img]
Lil_Curt
Steward

Re: LEGO Hobbit Video game w/exlusive Bilbo Baggins Minifig

Post by Lil_Curt »

Sam do you know if the game will be avaliable for WIi?
So Many Hobbies So Little Time....
Come Visit me on Facebook @ Atavistic Creations
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Do you get the fig at time of preorder? Or do you have to actually put down the money for the game?
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
SSchmidt
Merchant

Post by SSchmidt »

Lil Curt: As of now, there are no plans for this to be released for the Wii. It makes sense from a business standpoint sense Nintendo finally discontinued production of the Wii in Japan.

AK_Brickster: You do not get the fig at time of preorder (or else you could just pay the $5.00 down, get the fig, and skip out on the game entirely). In order to get the figure, you have to FULLY pay off the game, and pick it up on release day. Even if you pay off the game 3 weeks earlier, you do not get the fig until the game is released. You cannot receive your pre-order bonus until the game is released, and you have to have it fully paid off.

I have the PS4 and PSVita versions both paid off, but will not get either one of my figs until April 8, 2014, when I actually pick up my copies of the game.

And in relation to the fig, i'm just going to say his torso and arms are absolutely awesome :eyebrows:
PSN: SSchmidt-
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/copy_of_lionhearttorso.jpg[/img]
[img]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2807/9561546705_8f26947042_o.jpg[/img]