The other sigils

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Bentoft
Foot Soldier

The other sigils

Post by Bentoft »

So the factions have some official sigils, and the rest of them are free for all to use. But what sigil/shields do you think belongs to what factions.

For example I consider the Gryffindor to be a Loreos shield and I use it as the Toberg sigil:
Disco86
Master Builder
Master Builder

Re: The other sigils

Post by Disco86 »

In my opinion nearly every sigil is just usable with on faction. Most have significant colors or symbols, so that there is no room for multiple usage.

I personally use the CMF Forest Maiden shield for Lenfald. This is obvious, because it is dark green and has a tree on it. :woo:

Last edited by Disco86 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mpoh98
Justiciar

Post by mpoh98 »

I definitely think that belongs to Loreos, the red clearly describes it that way. Besides the designated sigil/shields, I am pretty sure it is to your discretion. I would just think what shield would go best with each faction. :)
Last edited by mpoh98 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/75100]Mocpages[/url], [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/92459453@N08/]Flickr[/url]
Support [url=https://ideas.lego.com/projects/74333]Huckleberry Finn[/url] on Lego Ideas!
Philippians 4:13
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

[quote="mpoh98"]I definitely think that belongs to Lenfald/quote]I think you meant Loreos?

There are a few shields that don't clearly belong to any single faction, but just use your best judgement. If it's green, like the forest maiden one, it pretty clearly is most appropriately used by Lenfald. If it's Red and blue, like the old dragon heraldry, then that gets a little trickier. Luckily, most of the more recent heraldry pretty obviously fits one of the four factions. I'd agree that the griffindor one above is perfectly suited for Loreos.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Buurli
Foot Soldier

Post by Buurli »

Lol Matthew, you are really talented with mixing all the factions (or guilds) up :P

I also like "neutral" shields, mostly this one, as it has some nice details and can be used for any faction: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=91884pb02

I also agree that the Gryffindor shield is perfect for Loreesi knights. It's so shiny :woo:
DungeonsAndFlagons
Villein

Post by DungeonsAndFlagons »

I have some characters I would like to use but I think think have to be included with the Outlaws because there shield isn't official to Lenfald, Garheim or Loreos.

This one.

Does this belong to the Outlaws because it is not the Lenfald Dragon or the Queen's Dragon?

Oops i missed AK_Brickster's post. Yes this one is tricky. :)
Bentoft
Foot Soldier

Post by Bentoft »

No, it does not belong to any faction - så anyone can use it. Your profile picture for example could easily look like a knight from Loreos.

This one is almost the same, but I have always seen it a Loreos:

DungeonsAndFlagons
Villein

Bentoft wrote:No, it does not belong to any faction - så anyone can use it. Your profile picture for example could easily look like a knight from Loreos.

This one is almost the same, but I have always seen it a Loreos:

Oooh that is messy indeed. I thought maybe as a possible Lenfald (with the Dragon.......).

Could I somehow smuggle it into Garheim, that is the big question? ;)
Bentoft
Foot Soldier

Post by Bentoft »

And the answer is yes.

I think the color arguments are more valid than the symbol. Both garheim and loreos have official sigils with lions.
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

The first two are pretty straightforward. But the Dragon masters can be tricky. ;)
I've actually used that shield in a Loreesi build before. But I think with the right figures and creation it could conceivably fit into any faction.
GyustSil
Laborer

Post by GyustSil »

I think this shield fits very well both in Loreos and in Outlaws. I think, altought, it would be hard to fit in Garheim or Lenfald, mainly beacuse of the red colour, which doesn't blend well with the Lenfel/Garhim original colour. But thats only my opinion :)

A question I would like to ask is if there is any rules about family's heraldry? Because, in real world medieval times, noble families had their own family's coat of arms, but, as we have faction sigils I don't know if this would fit in LCC.
[img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/95487351 ... 3d8e_m.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... nfald2.jpg[/img]
"Dulce, et decorum est pro patria mori" Quintus Horatius Flaccus
For the Great Lenfald!
DungeonsAndFlagons
Villein

I am trying to get some characters of mine who uses these Dragon shields into LCC. I need to get them into Garheim as that is where I have joined. If I can use these Dragon shields then I can maybe kill off my old character and bring in one of the Dragon guys..... Maybe I have to check with AK_Brickster...?
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

That dragon sigil can certainly be used for Garheim troops if you desire. The idea behind not having all of the sigils "officially assigned" was so that people would have some freedom in choosing/using whatever sigils they had available based on their collection.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
DungeonsAndFlagons
Villein

AK_Brickster wrote:That dragon sigil can certainly be used for Garheim troops if you desire. The idea behind not having all of the sigils "officially assigned" was so that people would have some freedom in choosing/using whatever sigils they had available based on their collection.
That is great news! :)

Where do I post my next question then about killing off my current Garheim character and replacing him with a new dragon based one?
ZacharyIslazy
Bailiff

Post by ZacharyIslazy »

I think that the Wolf Pack shields and heraldry fit pretty well for Outlaws. I've been wanting to include some of the sigils in some of my builds but haven't had a proper opportunity yet.

Also, the new castle line "good guy" shields are perfect for Garhiem.
DungeonsAndFlagons wrote:
Where do I post my next question then about killing off my current Garheim character and replacing him with a new dragon based one?
PM your faction overseer, who just happens to be Jordan. When he has the time I'm sure he'd be kind enough to explain the process. :)
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56307748@N02]Flickr[/url]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... ttorso.jpg[/img]

Check out Lands of Roawia!