Roleplay Shadow Knight Discussion

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

TheOrk wrote:The Vikings are barbarians plain and simple, but that doesn't mean they're bad.
I’m sorry, I didn’t really mean to make it sound like I thought that the Vikings would be evil. Just trying to say that the less morel ones would be better for raiding and pillaging then Shadow Knights. :twisted:
"a man will give his life for a mystery, but not a question mark."
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Dragoman wrote:
Formendacil wrote:Well, if one considers the Shadow Knights to be a proper faction, then they ought to have an MNPC leader. T'would be interesting to see a Vladek in Dametreos, considering the that Dametreosian KK2 and Shadow Knights have no antipathies of the sort found in official LEGO...
Actually, I was think that maybe The Vindicator could fill that rule and Vladek could be an extremist Shadow Lord who converted from the KK2 like Jedrek did with the KK1. but he now has a grudge against his former faction for a similar reason to that of the official LEGO story.
If you want to do that, go right ahead, that would be an awesome plot to follow. I, if no others, would be interested in reading up on it.
Dragoman wrote:What I’m afraid might happen is if the Shadow Knights are considered pure evil then there may come a time when the other faction will be forced in to destroying them, which would go against the motley faction war rule that is in place.(I think)

Well I have really no power to stop you but please please don’t make them in to a brute nation. We really already have a faction kinda like that in the Dragon Masters, and let’s not forget about the Vikings who would be perfect for raiding. I really wouldn’t want to steal their thunder for when THEY come. Plus the way that I suggested them (like Formendacil showed) made the plot possibilities almost endless, making them much more appealing to those who want to have a Shadow Knight Character and it gives some real depth in to who they are.
Sir Drake wrote:^_^ Thanks . If it isn't roleplayed yet, then I'll try to roleplay it when my new plot will start to get in action (I'm still working on some details in my head), IF the map is Ok with everybody of course. If not, I won't roleplay it.
Actually, I don't think that Sir Drake CAN Roleplay that in, since it contradicts what has been said in the Roleplay.

Don't get me wrong, I don't see anything wrong with the Shadow Knights being a part of the Eastern Knights' Kingdom, but every indication in the Roleplay has been that the Shadow Knights are an independent agency- with no designated territory in Dametreos. Therefore, this map, and the underlying concept, is in contradition with things already written.

Now, I realise in re-reading the Rules that this isn't stated there (although I am CERTAIN that it should be...), that anything written into the Roleplay is canon. All following posts must not contradict the previous posts without explanation.

On the grounds of that (plainly sensible) argument, I'm not sure that Drake's map/ideas can be used AT ALL, since they contradict what has been roleplayed in the past.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

TheOrk wrote:I see the Dragon Masters as barbarians who are more sohpisticated then the Vikings. They have stone, steel, are lead by wizards and are good with dragons.
The Dragon Masters are barbarians?? Lord Void and Ajaxx Dragonsbane alike are deeply offended!

Formendacil wrote:Actually, I don't think that Sir Drake CAN Roleplay that in, since it contradicts what has been said in the Roleplay.

Don't get me wrong, I don't see anything wrong with the Shadow Knights being a part of the Eastern Knights' Kingdom, but every indication in the Roleplay has been that the Shadow Knights are an independent agency- with no designated territory in Dametreos. Therefore, this map, and the underlying concept, is in contradition with things already written.

Now, I realise in re-reading the Rules that this isn't stated there (although I am CERTAIN that it should be...), that anything written into the Roleplay is canon. All following posts must not contradict the previous posts without explanation.

On the grounds of that (plainly sensible) argument, I'm not sure that Drake's map/ideas can be used AT ALL, since they contradict what has been roleplayed in the past.
Agreed.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:
TheOrk wrote:I see the Dragon Masters as barbarians who are more sohpisticated then the Vikings. They have stone, steel, are lead by wizards and are good with dragons.
The Dragon Masters are barbarians?? Lord Void and Ajaxx Dragonsbane alike are deeply offended!

Formendacil wrote:Actually, I don't think that Sir Drake CAN Roleplay that in, since it contradicts what has been said in the Roleplay.

Agreed.
Ok, then, forget the map, but is it already RPed where the provinces lay? Will the Kingdom Of Ankoria be used in the RP?

PS:Ork, you were right, I misspelled the Kingdom of Arkonia. :)
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Drake wrote:Ok, then, forget the map, but is it already RPed where the provinces lay? Will the Kingdom Of Ankoria be used in the RP?

PS:Ork, you were right, I misspelled the Kingdom of Arkonia. :)
No. Other than the fact that Talonjay obvious lies around Barleyburg, and Morcia lies around the Castle of that name, the Eastern Knights' Kingdom provinces haven't been assigned anywhere.

My personal guess is that a couple of them (Alendan and Banteras maybe?) lie on Kingdom Isle, with the other three (Morcia, Talonjay, and whatever-the-tyco-the-last-one-is-called is on the mainland).

But that's just a guess/personal preference, so it doesn't hold any water....

Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Nate if your editing the big map STOP! On the TLC website it's ANKORIA not ARKONIA!
Also, please don't forget to have Orkosan and Alendan on the island half of Morcia, the Kingdom isle. We already have enough provinces on the mainland.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Kohran wrote:
Nate if your editing the big map STOP! On the TLC website it's ANKORIA not ARKONIA!
Also, please don't forget to have Orkosan and Alendan on the island half of Morcia, the Kingdom isle. We already have enough provinces on the mainland.
No fear...

Nathan has pile of stuff from the last half-year's Roleplaying to consider (like Anka Dolour...) to be putting in, so I wouldn't worry about this happening in the near future.

And remember, if it's not actually in the Roleplay, it's not official. So while I agree with you, Kohran, that Orkosan and Alendan ought to be on the Isle (after all, why else would Danner Violess attack Barleyburg by ship :P ), but if you or someone doesn't actually put that in a Roleplay post, then it's not official...

Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

And remember, if it's not actually in the Roleplay, it's not official. So while I agree with you, Kohran, that Orkosan and Alendan ought to be on the Isle (after all, why else would Danner Violess attack Barleyburg by ship ), but if you or someone doesn't actually put that in a Roleplay post, then it's not official...
Is official stuff only limited to RP posts? If yes, I guess the following doesn't work, but anyways, for the sake of it...well, like you said, Danner Violess attacked by ship, implying that he came from across the sea, and in my profile for Santis, I said that he travelled across the channel from Orkosan to the mainland. However, I'll leave this one up to you and Nate and Micah to decide.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Sir Kohran wrote:Is official stuff only limited to RP posts? If yes, I guess the following doesn't work, but anyways, for the sake of it...well, like you said, Danner Violess attacked by ship, implying that he came from across the sea, and in my profile for Santis, I said that he travelled across the channel from Orkosan to the mainland.
Anything noted in the character profiles is also official. Therefore, whatever is stated about Santis, or Bjarn, or Sir Dractor, or whoever, is canon, just like anything written in the roleplay itself. Note, however, that the character profiles aren't read as much or as often as the roleplay itself, and therefore some points could be looked over by accident. That is why I recommend repeating everything (or the key parts) of your character's profile in the actual roleplay, just to make it perfectly clear.

By the way, thanks for coming up with all these questions. This is a clear sign that I need to update the CCRP FAQ.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Well I have really no power to stop you but please please don’t make them in to a brute nation. We really already have a faction kinda like that in the Dragon Masters
I don't really agree.

I know this will mean I will be completely destroyed by other Rper's when they read this, but...

Aren't the Dragon Masters getting a bit tired for being bad guys?

I mean, think about it. They are a cool enough faction, granted, but we've had them as henchmen for lots of villains. (BloodVaine, Lord Void, etc.) The fact that there have been good Dragon Masters doesn't excuse that they've been used time and again for evil. And to be honest, they are becoming sort of stereotypical: A vast rabble of Dragon-taming brutes, led by a powerful Dark Wizard, with a few good exceptions here and there. How many times have Dragons been the evil guys before in fantasy? Think on about it.

I'd like to see the Shadow Knights becoming the next evil force in Dametreos. They are a new faction in both Lego and the RP, so they have a lot of potential for evil. Their heraldry animal (scorpion) is more original than a Dragon, and their leader (Vladek) should make for some interesting plots.

Or at least that's my POV.

*prepares castle for the storm of angry RP fans that will attack*
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

I repeat my statement that I don't want to see ANY nation labeled "good" or "evil". That is more stereotypical than the Dragon Masters being led be a sorceror. Why can't there be some bad Crusaders? Or Royals? Or Forestmen? I see no need to make an entire faction evil. Not everyone in the United States are criminals, are they? What about Canada or Britan? I see no need to start filtering entire factions in to Good and Bad catagories.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:I repeat my statement that I don't want to see ANY nation labeled "good" or "evil". That is more stereotypical than the Dragon Masters being led be a sorceror. Why can't there be some bad Crusaders? Or Royals? Or Forestmen? I see no need to make an entire faction evil. Not everyone in the United States are criminals, are they? What about Canada or Britan? I see no need to start filtering entire factions in to Good and Bad catagories.
Sorry that that last post came out wrong. I didn't mean to label the Shadow Knights as evil. Far from it, in fact. What I wanted to say was that the Dragon Masters have become sort of old for the "brute" nation, and that I thought the Shadow Knights should start to take that role more. The term "brute nation" doesn't really mean "evil". Just more like the Spartans in Greece, or the Orcs in Warcraft, or the Dark Elves in Warhammer. Whilst they did questionable things at times, they wouldn't really "evil". That was what I meant.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:
I didn't mean it like that. Sure Lord Void is living in luxury and all. I'm just saying the Dragon Masters are more bloodthirsty then any other civialized faction(maybe even the Fright Knights)
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Both Ork and Kohlan: Expect changes for the Dragon Masters, culturally and politically in the future...that's all I'm saying. :twisted:
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

You know...

There's nothing wrong with there being MORE than one "bad-oriented" nations...

Like Nathan, I personally dislike labelling any one nation "evil", although I'm more liable than him to stereotype things. There is good and bad in each faction. Hence, Elbadar is both a Dragon Master and a good guy.

What we need to see is an evil Forestman. :twisted:

I guess I'm opposed to seeing any nation having an evil "agenda". That makes it sound like they want to take over Dametreos- which is expressly forbidden. However, I see nothing wrong with certain factions being more "evil-oriented" than others.