BrickFair '08 Washington DC
56%
Brickworld '08 Chicago
44%

Total votes: 34

DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Chicago for sure as it's close to home. I'm looking into DC as well. I'm just coming out of a dark age and well I had no idea all of this was available. I went into the dark age at the earliest stages of the internet so I'm new here.

I find all of this amazing. Some of the MOC's I've seen online are blowing me away. I love lego...
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Post by Crazylegoman »

architect wrote:You should add an option for both fests. I will likely attend both of them.

Ben
Good point. I'm going to Brickworld for sure (Castle coordinator again :D ), and I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it to Brickfair too.
Jacob C. wrote:Does anyone have a link to the Brickworld website (if there is one?)
http://www.brickworld.us/

The registration this year is $50 ($10 less than last year). Also a room at the Westin hotel is $115 per night. (This is 50% off the regular rate.) Plus if you share a room, you'll cut your costs in half again.
The Phantom wrote:babyjawa: What do mean when you say "Lego store nearby"? Your talking about at brickworld, and not just in the general area, right? If you are talking about the general area I dont think there is one. I live an hour from DC, and have relatives there, so I go there all the time and I have never found a lego store before. The lego website dosen't say there's one either.
Brickworld is in the Chicago metro area. The location is close to both the LEGO store at the Woodfield mall and the LEGO store at the Northbrook mall.

We have 50 people registered as of today. For a first time event, 2007 turned out to be GREAT, and we plan to make 2008 as least as good! I encourage everyone who can to come to Brickworld, at least as a public spectator, if not an attendee.

David
♪ "Whether I'm the last one alive, or ascend before my time
Better I'm the last one alive, than a soul denied" ♫ —Demon Hunter
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I will be returning, hoping for another great success in Brickworld. I loved it much!

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Todd Webb
Serf

Post by Todd Webb »

BrickFair for me. Obvious enough, as I'm running the thing.

However, if there was a choice, as someone suggested, I would say both. Since I'm working BrickFair in DC, then a trip to Chicago would be my fun-time. I'm hoping work doesn't prevent that. BW'07 was great, particularly for first-time event. Hope we can emulate that at BrickFair.

Well, for the 54% of you who voted, I'll see everyone at BrickFair in August!
Todd Webb
www.BrickFair.com