BrickFair is Coming!

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Todd Webb
Serf

Post by Todd Webb »

Prince Imdol wrote:Yeah, I went to Brickworld Last year. I had a blast. I am trying to attend both.

:wink: P.I
We are truly blessed! Those of us who can manage multiple fests :)
Todd Webb
www.BrickFair.com
doc069
Bailiff

Re: BrickFair is Coming!

Post by doc069 »

Todd Webb wrote:I hope everyone can make it there!
Todd

Maybe, just maybe...

Regards,

Lee
"Rules are for the obedience of fools. And the guidance of wise men (& women)." Sir David Ogilvy (1911-1999)
FishRfine
Freeman

Post by FishRfine »

guys, i just got the craziest idea ever. what if every cc member going to brickfair worked together on a minifig scale minas tirith for a display? it would be AWESOME! I live an hour away from dc, so ill b there.
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

It's a little too far for me, but whoever goes be sure to post pics. Some day, just some day, I'll go to a LEGO convention somwhere. And yeah, it would be cool if everyone worked on a minfig scale Minas Tirith. The hard part would be when it comes time to break it down and find which pieces are yours :).

Hob Took
Todd Webb
Serf

Very cool idea!

Post by Todd Webb »

Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about. But it sounds like a collaborative, large-scale display. And those are usually cool.
Todd Webb
www.BrickFair.com
Jansen
Steward
Location: Pondering the paradox of organic American cheese...

Post by Jansen »

Hey Todd!

I'm going to come to this and I'm under 18 so it's $40 for me but my Dad is coming too. But since he's going to be there basically just to drive me and kinda walk around with me, would he still have to pay $60? For some one who isn't going to be participating in anything, that's kinda steep :wink:
"An apple a day keeps people deathly-allergic to apples away."
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gusalagupagoo/]flickr[/url]
Todd Webb
Serf

Post by Todd Webb »

Howdy Jansen,

Unfortunately, if you're dad's coming, he must pay. However, if you're only going to be around during public hours, then you could get away with dad just paying the public entrance. That is, you pay the $40 (for the right to show off your MOC -- set it up Thursday night and leave). When you and dad return during public hours, dad only and pays the $10 entrance -- and you're already registered of course.

Dad can get away with just paying the public fee $10 and sitting in the corner, or not paying anything and simply waiting in the car while you have fun ;)

I'm sorry I can't give a better answer for you. But the event must pay for itself and we can't have folks walking around for free.

Besides, we really want your dad to pay the $60 and participate! That's the only way we can "convert" him. He's an AFOL; he just doesn't know it yet. And with any luck, your dad's name will be the winning ticket for a big door prize, and you'll get his $60 registration fee back in Lego-form :)
Todd Webb
www.BrickFair.com