BrickFair, spreading the word..... I think

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Todd Webb
Serf

BrickFair, spreading the word..... I think

Post by Todd Webb »

Hi all,

Yesterday I had a sad experience.

I was at my local wamalug meeting with 22 other people. I sat at my laptop and worked on BrickFair things, some of which I had printed out with me. One guy sitting next to me saw my printout and asked, "What is this you're working on?" It was a BrickFair flyer. I handed it to him.

"What is this?!" he asked. "When is this? Where is this?!"

This guy was in my own local meeting :( Half the people in the room have offered to help in some way. Last month I brought in the sample polo shirts and hats. People gawked at them. And here somehow this guy and his friend next to him had not even heard of BrickFair.

Kinda sad for me :( So I answered him, and hopefully sold another attendee to the BrickFair event.

Now I've made some banners that people can post on their web sites, this in response to a few requests. Check them out:
http://www.brickfair.com/news/Banners.asp

Please use these banners on your website as you like. We need to let people know that the Lego festival has returned to the DC area!

Thank you for listening,
Todd
Todd Webb
www.BrickFair.com
Lost Viking
Villein

Post by Lost Viking »

That is funny that you posted this as about 30 seconds ago I was about to invite you to put up an invite at Eurobricks. There are a number of people their that I am sure could attend. :D

P.S. I'll be sure to put that in my sig!
Todd Webb
Serf

Post by Todd Webb »

Lost Viking wrote:I was about to invite you to put up an invite at Eurobricks. There are a number of people their that I am sure could attend. :D
I just made that post, thank you! Would sure love some European visitors. I admit, in some really geeky way, I was thrilled when I saw a father and son registered from Bolivia. I don't even know if it's true, or if they just picked that country at random. But it thrilled me.
Todd Webb
www.BrickFair.com
doc069
Bailiff

Post by doc069 »

Well, we were going to try and make it to this one, but it will cost us $1,200 more to go to yours VS the NWBrickCon.

This would make for some serious Lego purchases (more from your darn store with all those good prices on minifigs).

I am sure it will be a stunning success. "See you" on my next order.

Lee
"Rules are for the obedience of fools. And the guidance of wise men (& women)." Sir David Ogilvy (1911-1999)
Todd Webb
Serf

Post by Todd Webb »

doc069 wrote:Well, we were going to try and make it to this one, but it will cost us $1,200 more to go to yours VS the NWBrickCon.
Lee
Well that's something I simply cannot dispute. I also wouldn't travel 3,000 miles if I didn't have to. Although I do hope to make it to Brickworld as well as our own BrickFair here in Washington DC. But that's like only halfway across the country :)
Todd Webb
www.BrickFair.com
miniflea84
Laborer

Post by miniflea84 »

Count me in. I live in Arlington so getting there is no problem. I also just placed an order in your BL store, haha. Couldn't resist. :P