Dragon Diorama Display Discussion and poll.

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events

What dragons would you mix in the same diorama?

Only the new dragons.
13%
The new dragons and the Horntail.
13%
Throw the viking Dragons in the mix.
19%
Put em all in except the mecha viking dragons.
6%
Are you nuts a purist only uses the vintage dragons!
No votes
Put em all in... size does matter!
50%

Total votes: 16

DaleDVM
Journeyman

Dragon Diorama Display Discussion and poll.

Post by DaleDVM »

I'm setting up a new lego diorama. It is going on a 12 by 12 foot table. I have lots of castle stuff after all! :D Here is my dilemma. I have a dozen of the old style dragons 10 green 2 black. I have all of the viking mecha dragons and a couple of doubles. I also have 2 black and 2 dark red new dragons.

I am going to obviously put the newest dragons into the setup as they look stellar. My thoughts are that the old dragons look way out of place. The viking dragons fit in a bit better but look so mechanical and Armored Ofnir is ginormous. :shock: I like the look of the new Dragons but i don't have many yet. Can't wait to get a few of those troll warships to get some green dragons for the good guy side. :wink: I also was looking over the Harry Potter Horntail I love the brown color scheme. Also contemplating the new dinos with wings instead of arms some may look OK. I am torn as to what to do. I need feedback from the community.

Would you mix the old dragons and viking types in with the new ones? Has anyone made dino alterations and how do they look? All questions that enquiring minds need to know.
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

What I would suggest is to use the "New Dragons" as mature,elder ones. And use the old ones as drakes. You can make a lair/cavern and the old ones could be the baby ones.

About the Viking ones... I'm not so sure. They have that "Cool" factor, but they wouldn't look that good.

So I say: stick to two kinds of dragons.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I guess it depends how similar your dragons are? Do you want them to have different types etc. or not?

R
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Hmm... good question snicker. I'm not fully sure of how the whole display is going to pan out.

Yes I think the youngins could be hidden partially in a lair of some sort. A clutch of dragons one would say. That is a good idea.

I will include the midgard serpent in my display. I like the look of it more like a snake so it does not clash so much with the dragons. the rest I guess I will have to play by ear...
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

Post by FirebenderDude2 »

Use the old dragons as Statues! They would work quite well if you use them right. :lol:
Woe is me, woe is me, I used to have a hamster tree. Then it got eaten by a newt and now I have no cuddly fruit.
boses
Man-At-Arms

Post by boses »

I would use the newest dragons with the originals, and the viking dragons by themselves...But I would rebuild the viking dragons, so that they do not look quite so mechanical...Thanks..
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

We used all the dragons we had and it turned out pretty good.

viewtopic.php?t=11948

--Tony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

i like the viking dragon one they looked cool two they are vary mobile which is good for a display
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.