LEGO Castle Adventure in Indianapolis

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

LEGO Castle Adventure in Indianapolis

Post by Crazylegoman »

I just received the July-August Brickmaster magazine today, and on page 23 it tells of a LEGO Castle Adventure that's a touring exhibit. It starts on January 31, and guess where it starts...

The Children's Museum of Indianapolis!!! (That's really good news for us Hoosiers.)

Here's what the page 23 blurb says:

-----------------------------------------

LEGO Castle Adventure Exhibit Tour
Building Challenge!

We're putting together one of the biggest LEGO projects ever, and we want you to be a part of it!

LEGO Castle Adventure will be a huge, fun-packed touring exhibit filled with castles, treasure, dragons, and lots of hidden LEGO surprises. It all starts at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis on January 31st, 2009!

The LEGO Master Builders are creating lots of amazing new LEGO Castle models for the exhibit...and they need your help to make the best one of all!

THE KNIGHTLY CHALLENGE
Imagine what it would be like to live in a castle! Who lives in castles, and what do they do all day?

Show us your idea of what castle life would be like in a cool scene made from your collection of LEGO bricks!

THE KNIGHTLY PRIZE
Out favorite scene of castle life will become the inspiration for a model in the LEGO Castle Adventure exhibit tour, and the builder will win a trip for four to see the exhibit's grand opening at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis! (Includes airfare and hotel costs only.)

3 additional winners will each receive a LEGO set of their choice worth up to $100!

HOW TO ENTER:
1. Contest open only to LEGO Brickmaster subscribers and members of The Children's Museum of Indianapolis between the ages of 6 and 13.

2. Build a scene of life at a castle using pieces from your LEGO brick collection!

3. Take 3-4 color photographs of your model from all sides. Only in-focus photos and glossy photo-quality printouts will be accepted—no Polaroids, please!

4. Write an essay of 500 words or less about life inside your castle. Don't forget to tell us who lives there and what they do!

5. Send your photos, along with your name, mailing address, daytime telephone number, and the name of your model to:

LEGO Castle
Adventure Challenge
P.O. Box 1625
Enfield, CT 06083-1625

All photos must be received by AUGUST 31st, 2008!

[LEGO really knows how to overuse the exclamation mark, don't they?]

------------------------------------------------------------

I’m going to try to see if IndyLUG can have any kind of Castle display there. LEGO has given us a 7 month heads-up on this event, so hopefully we can get some kind of AFOL involvement there.

David Gregory
♪ "Whether I'm the last one alive, or ascend before my time
Better I'm the last one alive, than a soul denied" ♫ —Demon Hunter
deathdog1
Apprentice

Post by deathdog1 »

Now that is cool -- and it gives me another reason to haul the kid up to Indy to the museum. As a fellow Hoosier (southern variety) and occasional (sp?) lurker on the IndyLUG site, this gives me a reason to look forward to winter.
"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!" http://glomshire.thecomicseries.com/comics/
sir aleks the bold
Villein

i entered

Post by sir aleks the bold »

i entered i hope i when
Hob Took
Reeve

Re: i entered

Post by Hob Took »

sir aleks the bold wrote:i entered i hope i when
When you "when" would you mind working on your grammer a bit? :wink:

You say that it starts in Indianapolis so is this a traveling exhibit or is it only going to be in Indianapolis? Perhaps I missed something, and sorry if I'm ignorant. I just don't get Lego magazines anymore.

-Hob Took
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

I wonder if you would mind posting the dates and locations of the tour? Thanks!
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Post by Crazylegoman »

EEK! :shock:

This is quite a last minute reply, since the LEGO Castle Adventure starts tomorrow. :oops: (My bad.)

Yes, the Exhibit is a traveling exhibit, but the VERY FIRST stop is in Indianapolis. We do not know where the show goes from there. If you live in or near Indy, and would like to drop by tomorrow, here's a schedule of the days activities that I received from the Events Coordinator at the Children's Museum:

LEGO Castles Opening Day January 31st, 2009
Volunteer/Staff Schedule

Make Your Own Stained Glass Window/ Own Family Crest 8:30am-3:30pm

Crown Making 8:30-3pm

Slay The Dragon 10am-3pm

Castle Puppets 10am-3pm

Bloomington Quarry Morris Dancers 10:30-12:15, 1245-1:45, 2-3:15

Build Event/Activities (all day)

We'd love to chat with any visitors who drop by. There will be several IndyLUG members there throughout the day.

David
♪ "Whether I'm the last one alive, or ascend before my time
Better I'm the last one alive, than a soul denied" ♫ —Demon Hunter