Castle MOCs at BrickFair 2008 (and prizes)

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Castle MOCs at BrickFair 2008 (and prizes)

Post by architect »

Hi All,

We need to start planning who is bringing what to the Castle display at BrickFair. As an added incentive, I am holding a drawing for a free Good Wizard set :wink: For every castle moc that you bring to fest, your name will be added to a hat to win the set. Please post your name and which mocs you are bringing below.

Keep in mind that you can bring Castle, Pirate, Ninja, Wild West, etc mocs to our section. We also need armies, baseplates, and trees and plants! If you plan to bring these, please list them below as well. Thanks!

Name:
MOCs:
Landscaping:
Armies:
Last edited by architect on Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Name: Ben Ellermann
MOCs: Redoubt, Shell Keep, Pirate Battle, Trading post Pirate ships
Landscaping: Farms - 1 32x32, 4 8x16
Armies: Many pirates and possible castle factions
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

Edit:

See later post.
Last edited by Munchy on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

Ben,

I'll be bringing a large castle and surrounding landscaping that I debuted at Lego Palooza earlier in the year. Will have some updates made as well.

Name: Joe "Cool" Evangelista
MOCs: Giuseppe's Shire (see brickfair page for sizing details)
Landscaping: Crops, surrounding pathways
Armies: Nothing substantial, but I'll bring my castle minifig bin to populate the landscape, easily a couple hundred figs.

I'll also be bringing things to spruce up the display, so I'll have things littered throughout... head over to this link to see the castle as it was in Feb, should give you an idea of what it entails and how it might connect to the rest of the layout... feel free to suggest some changes for connecting it with everyone else's displays, we've got another month after all~!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickjourn ... 837273995/
-Joe "Cool"
Muskey15
Journeyman

Post by Muskey15 »

Hey, Ben-

Just a question, would it be possible to bring a Base8 module and have that count as a MOC? I've never really had much, but I could bring some figs. I might be coming (as an attendee, or as the public)

-Muskey
~His Lowness Seamus O'Callaghan of Lenfald~

"You call this archaeology?"

Lenfels ASSEMBLE!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Muskey15 wrote:Hey, Ben-

Just a question, would it be possible to bring a Base8 module and have that count as a MOC? I've never really had much, but I could bring some figs. I might be coming (as an attendee, or as the public)

-Muskey
You can bring a base8 moc and have it count. I will probably limit each person to one "landscaping" moc. You do need to register in order to display a moc. If we have extra space, we can likely let you display.

Ben
miniflea84
Laborer

Post by miniflea84 »

This will be my first Lego convention, and I've been working on a largish fortified gatehouse to bring. I could also do some landscaping probably. Ben, I know there's a section on the site about the CCC standard (I think thats what its called), is that what we have to follow, or....?
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

You do not have to follow the CCC wall standard. We will incorporate your mocs into the display. How large is your gatehouse?

Ben
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

Ben - are we going forward with some of the ideas we had in the other thread for BrickFair (i.e. best use of Troll contest, etc.)?
-Joe "Cool"
Jansen
Steward
Location: Pondering the paradox of organic American cheese...

Post by Jansen »

Ben, is there going to be a large scale collaborative display using CCC standard and/or base8?
"An apple a day keeps people deathly-allergic to apples away."
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gusalagupagoo/]flickr[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

JCool wrote:Ben - are we going forward with some of the ideas we had in the other thread for BrickFair (i.e. best use of Troll contest, etc.)?
Yes. We can have an award for the best use of a troll or troll parts in a moc.
Ben, is there going to be a large scale collaborative display using CCC standard and/or base8?
Yes. I would encourage each of you to bring your Tudor buildings, CCC wall sections, base 8 displays, and CCC farms. It does seem that many people build in different scales and standards but we can connect all of them into one large display. If you would like to bring Viking, Pirate, or Ninja mocs, these are also welcome.

Ben
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I just got great news from the other BrickFair organizers. Currently Castle mocs are taking up one third of the overall display space at BrickFair! Take that BrickCon ;) (flees from hoards of invading sheep). And all of this with only 5 or 6 of us registering castle mocs so far. If you have a castle moc in mind, please register it soon so that the moc cards can be made. Thanks!

Ben
BrickFair Castle Coordinator
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

architect wrote:I just got great news from the other BrickFair organizers. Currently Castle mocs are taking up one third of the overall display space at BrickFair! Take that BrickCon ;) (flees from hoards of invading sheep). And all of this with only 5 or 6 of us registering castle mocs so far. If you have a castle moc in mind, please register it soon so that the moc cards can be made. Thanks!

Ben
BrickFair Castle Coordinator

Wow. Is Brick Fair using the Grand Ball Room? If so, that's quite a chunk of space. If memory serves (and it might not), that's about ~4000sf of castles/antiquia? :shock:
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

Could it just be a case of people not registering their MOCs until the last minute / at all?

Also, haven't heard much of anything about other themes for the event, Town & Train doesn't even have an organizer according to their website.
-Joe "Cool"
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

JCool wrote:Could it just be a case of people not registering their MOCs until the last minute / at all?

Also, haven't heard much of anything about other themes for the event, Town & Train doesn't even have an organizer according to their website.
The local train club has an event the weekend prior so I don't know how big the train layout will be. At Brickfest '06, Train/Town took up one whole corner of the main room with a pretty spectacular layout. Even if it's half the size of that one, it'll be pretty amazing.

IMHO of course.