Lego Palooza this coming weekend (1/31, 2/1) in NC

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
JCool
Apprentice

Lego Palooza this coming weekend (1/31, 2/1) in NC

Post by JCool »

This coming weekend January 31st and February 1st in Chapel Hill, NC the NCLUG (North Carolina LEGO Users Group) will be putting on the 5th annual Lego Palooza to be held at the Moorehead Planetarium.

Castle is of course a vital part of this event as in the past few years it has been well represented. 2 years ago, Cyndi (who's also on CC) got her story told in numerous local articles for the amazing castle display she did with classic sets and TONS of trees & landscaping! Last year I debuted my yellow castle and updated it even more for BrickFair.

This year there's even more castle. I have added an entirely new 4x5 baseplate section to compliment the yellow castle. In addition there will be a huge Eastern themed fort (Brickistan) which will also connect to the expanded yellow castle display. In short, it's going to be HUGE!

For anyone within a day's drive of the Raleigh / Chapel Hill area the event will be well worth the cost of admission (it's free actually~!).

More details at http://www.moreheadplanetarium.org/inde ... tem&id=371

If you can't make it, don't worry too much... the entire castle display will be on show at BrickFair in August and will continue to be even bigger! Plus, I'll be sure to post some pictures of the castles and the entire event for everyone here on the forums.
Last edited by JCool on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Joe "Cool"
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Re: Lego Palooza this coming weekend (1/31, 2/1) in NC

Post by Munchy »

JCool wrote:This coming weekend December 31st and February 1st
I sure hope you mean January 31st. Otherwise that sure is a long weekend.
:lol:
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

Oops! See, that's what happens when I write posts in a hurry! Good catch Munchy. Though, it would be kinda fun to have an event run over that long a period of time! :)

Post fixed above to show the correct month 8-)
-Joe "Cool"
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

The event went great this past weekend! Here's a link to some photos that were taken. http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickjourn ... 221119347/

Here's a link to a few videos to give you a better idea of the size of the event as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PHQYkjKs8k

I'll post most detailed pictures of the castle displays once they become available. It took me 7-8 hours to set up all the fun details and only 1 hour to take down, but it was lots of fun!

Enjoy the pictures!
-Joe "Cool"
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

Looks like a lot of fun!

I'm salivating over all those teepee's in that western display. :shock: