Page 1 of 4

Inspirational pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:21 pm
by Aliencat
Any pictures you find inspirational as far as castle building goes can be posted here as discussed in the Administrative section.

This can be anything from real castles to fantasy settlements to mythic creatures, you name it. If you think it can be inspirational to your fellow Lego builders, post it here.

I'll start off with this rendering of an imaginary castle I found a while ago and have started to make plans for a Lego recreation:

Image

^ pic = link to the page of the artist that rendered it, as well as more pictures of the same castle and many different inspirational renderings of medieval buildings.

Now you post your inspirational links here :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:40 pm
by DNL
this is a beautiful castle:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ndr%29.jpg
i'ts called "gravensteen castle". it's located in begium.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:29 pm
by Bruce N H
Here's a link to [url=http://fan.theonering.net/middleearthtours/index.html]Middle Earth Tours:
Image[/url].
This has illustrations of people and places from Tolkien's world.

Bruce

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:37 am
by Jacob C.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:26 am
by BreadMan
I don't check the Administrative or the Medieval life forums as often as others so I missed this until now; let me say that I have thought for a long time that CC could benefit from a concept art gallery, I just never got around to posting about it.

As a frequenter of a bunch of concept art sites I have many years worth of inspirational stuff stored on my hard drive so I took a few minutes to throw some selections in a directory, which can be found here:

http://copernicanstudios.com/CCinspiration/

A few excerpts to further the argument that there's plenty inspiration to be found that probably wouldn't ever show up normally in the medieval life forum:

http://copernicanstudios.com/CCinspirat ... ower~0.jpg
http://copernicanstudios.com/CCinspiration/edengate.jpg
http://copernicanstudios.com/CCinspirat ... castle.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:39 am
by Slobey
BreadMan wrote: As a frequenter of a bunch of concept art sites I have many years worth of inspirational stuff stored on my hard drive so I took a few minutes to throw some selections in a directory, which can be found here:

http://copernicanstudios.com/CCinspiration/


Very nice. I especially like the fantasty concept drawings

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:17 pm
by elwurmogrande
Hi folks,

check this out:
http://fr.wikisource.org/wiki/Dictionnaire_raisonné_de_l’architecture_française_du_XIe_au_XVIe_siècle
Violette-le-Duc was a French architect and famous for his studies on French medieval architecture. Although he was criticised for his work (everything was a little bit too massive), it is an excellent source for inspiration.

Yours,

Thomas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:05 pm
by kelderic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:34 am
by Tower of Iron Will
BreadMan wrote:I don't check the Administrative or the Medieval life forums as often as others so I missed this until now; let me say that I have thought for a long time that CC could benefit from a concept art gallery, I just never got around to posting about it.

As a frequenter of a bunch of concept art sites I have many years worth of inspirational stuff stored on my hard drive so I took a few minutes to throw some selections in a directory, which can be found here:

http://copernicanstudios.com/CCinspiration/

A few excerpts to further the argument that there's plenty inspiration to be found that probably wouldn't ever show up normally in the medieval life forum:

http://copernicanstudios.com/CCinspirat ... ower~0.jpg
http://copernicanstudios.com/CCinspiration/edengate.jpg
http://copernicanstudios.com/CCinspirat ... castle.jpg


Wow. Looking at these pictures; they are incredible. Very helpful and kind of like dreaming what I would do if I had won the lottery and had a lot of free time on my hands. Thanks for sharing.
-Tower

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:43 am
by Saaz
Ran across this link this morning with pics and descriptions of several neat castles. They only have one small-ish pic, but once you know something about the castle, Google can probably solve that problem. :)

http://1nf0rmat10n.com/2007/10/21/100/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:25 pm
by Aliencat
Very nice find Saaz, definitely a nice list of castles with pictures :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:14 am
by Jacob C.
Found this beauty while searching through google images:
http://www.loinhead.net/galleries/fable-2/artCastleArt.jpg

Other interesting pics in this gallery:
http://www.loinhead.net/fable-2/gallery/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:46 pm
by HeartOfDarkness
Hm. I don't think I'm completely comfortable accessing a site called 'loinhead'.

Unless he meant 'lionhead', in which case it's fine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:31 pm
by Jacob C.
Hm. I don't think I'm completely comfortable accessing a site called 'loinhead'.

LOL I didn't realize that.

The site appears to be just a news site for mostly videogame type stuff.
I think the pic I posted a link for, comes from the videogame Fable 2.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:49 pm
by Tanotrooper
DNL wrote:this is a beautiful castle:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ndr%29.jpg
i'ts called "gravensteen castle". it's located in begium.


hehe, thats 10 km away from me :wink: I even fenced there in the hall...
People just call it " 't Gravensteen " without castle.

I'm planning on making it once...

TT