Historical Qualifications - who has one?

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
richardanthonyc
Reeve

Re: Historical Qualifications - who has one?

Post by richardanthonyc »

I am thinking of doing a part time masters by distance learning so I can get back into the Tourism/Heritage industry. At the moment I have a full time job in computers and need that to pay my rent and child support so it will be hard but I just really know that long term it is where I want to be in the future. Anyone else left the field for a few years and then came back after a long break? It's not as if I am ancient (27) but will be 30 by the time I have my masters done etc
SIlent enim leges inter arma

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant4.jpg[/img]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

I don't think that's a problem, rather the opposite actually. Academia really can profit from people who have seen something of the REAL WORLD outside ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
richardanthonyc
Reeve

Post by richardanthonyc »

Maedhros wrote:I don't think that's a problem, rather the opposite actually. Academia really can profit from people who have seen something of the REAL WORLD outside ;)
True. I suppose it gets to the point around my age where those genuinely interested or those who are only a bit interested fade away and forget about it. It seems that there are a few more roles than normal coming up lately as well which is always a good sign
SIlent enim leges inter arma

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant4.jpg[/img]