The Kingdom of Heaven (The Recent Movie by Ridley Scott)

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
Shadow
Squire

The Kingdom of Heaven (The Recent Movie by Ridley Scott)

Post by Shadow »

Hello everyone!

I thought I'd highlight the recent movie called Kindom of Heaven. First off, I'm sure all Gladiator fans out there know the genius and authenticity of Ridley Scott's work. KOH certainly ranks up there with Gladiator.

The story is that of the tension between the Crusaders (Templars) and the Arabs in the Holy Land. Orlando Bloom plays an illigitimate blackshith who just recently lost his wife. Back from the holy land rides his father (Liam Neeson) who he has never known. His father's pleads with Ballian to follow him back to the holy land and be his heir to the small hamlet where Neeson is Lord. The rest of the movie follows the battles and trials of the struggle including a siege of Jerusalem.

I would encourage you to watch this movie, that is if you are allowed to see it, for it is a great inspiration for MOCs. The armor, weapons and clothing are very authentic, not to mention the trebuchets and siege towers. :wink:

Well anyway,

Thats my humble opinion.

Shadow
Last edited by Shadow on Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Goblin
Bailiff

Post by Stone Goblin »

I enjoyed that movie. :) Even though not very accurate with history, it still had entertaining moments, especially the siege towers being pulled down scene.
I thought it was the Seljuk Turks vs. Crusaders specifically. Even though it was mostly the Templars(especially the leader that was second in command of the Templars,forget his name) who raised the tension between both sides by attacking trade caravans(In the movie and historic accounts).

P.S. I'm not that sure what rank that guy from the Templars mentioned above.
My MOCpages:[url]http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/2746[/url]

Our store(Peppermint Pig and I)
LibertyBRICK:[url]http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Stone_Goblin[/url]
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

viewtopic.php?t=3532

:wink:

I thought that was a great movie like all Ridley Scott films.
Shadow
Squire

Post by Shadow »

Ooops... I didn't see this, for I only joined in september.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

This is a repeat topic, so I'm locking it.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].