How do you get most of your bricks?

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

I just get them from alot of sets but I do not have alot of minifigs, how should I get more?
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

I get a lot of my bricks from the creator tubs.
Alan
good times
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

Do creator tubs have enough variety to to anything with? I've never used them before.
Last edited by Commander Redbeard on Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

jamitjames wrote:I just get them from alot of sets but I do not have alot of minifigs, how should I get more?
I have tons of minifigs; the best way to get them is hand-to hand trading. I sometimes trade face-to face with my friends or play games for LEGO; it's much easier/cheaper then bricklink & it's fun, too.

I get my bricks from sets, trading, and bulk packs.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Commander Redbeard wrote: I have tons of minifigs
Go pictures of that? Just wanna see your troops in formation.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

A few days ago, I bought 2,500 bricks for $50.00 (two 1,000 piece tubs, and one 500 piece tub).
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

You should buy them from bricklink you can get them cheaper, and more of the color you are colecting. Just an idea.
Alan
good times
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Yeah, and considering I gave YOU the idea to get bricks from Bricklink instead of the tubs, it's a good idea.

By the way, Brickboy, I'll probably be making that Bricklink order (I wonder where I got THIS idea) a week from Saturday.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Snoopy wrote:A few days ago, I bought 2,500 bricks for $50.00 (two 1,000 piece tubs, and one 500 piece tub).
a few weeks ago, I got 2000 bricks for $27 by buying 2 1000 piece creator tubs
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Cool! Where?
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

you know what I find really annoying about this thread, and forum in genereal (sorry: if you don't like griping, pass on to the next post! :D ): having to mentally convert prices.

I mean, when I hear about, say, a Hogwarts Castle for $35, I automatically think in CND dollars, and I think: WOW!! GOOD DEAL! The I recall that they are USDs, and I think: Okay, still a good deal but not so great.

I realise that there's nothing that can be done about this, and I DO NOT EXPECT ANYTHING TO BE DONE, but I am wondering if anyone else has a similar annoyance.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Eventually you end up thinking in USD. I rarely look at any set any more and think in terms of CDN unless of course I am buying at retail. Besides I doubt a lot of Canadian retailers sell any of the big sets that low. Wally World never discounted the Howarts Castle for less than 20% off. Every other major retailer was already $30.00 more than Wally, so their sales don't count. US retailers have more competition and a lot of department stores run their toy departments at a loss to bring consumers in. They get deals, we pay retail almost forever. :(

Of course I've heard that a good chunk of europe has it worse for toy pricing, so we only overpay compared to the US.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

You know, It has never ever occured to me that some of you aren't talking about US dollars. I going to have to watch out for that in the future.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Formendacil wrote:you know what I find really annoying about this thread, and forum in genereal (sorry: if you don't like griping, pass on to the next post! :D ): having to mentally convert prices.
It's even worse:
I mean, when I hear about, say, a Hogwarts Castle for $35
When I hear about a Hogwarts Castle for $35 I convert it in €uro (that's this peculiarly named currency we have in Europe now) and I get the outcome "$35 = €29". Great. But looking at the price tag I see "€89" (~$108) and that's even on sale. Original price has been €120. *sigh*

Bye
Jojo

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

As I said, not a serious thing, just something that I wondered if anyone else was annoyed with. I don't suggest changing anything, since most of you are those annoying Americans ( :D sorry, my prejudices are showing!) Anyway, you'll always know that I'm talking Canadian dollars because I'll point it out.