How do you get most of your bricks?

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Dire Avenger
Villein

Post by Dire Avenger »

Its easy.

I spread out several buckets of legos around my room, making nice neat piles. Maby scatter a few on the floor for efect, though.

Then i go to bed.

In the middle of the night a black hole will open where my window is and silently spew hundreds of lego bricks into my room.

If i do this for repeated nights i will soon have a larger collection of lego bricks and my room will be ovverun by them and it will become a massive mess.

Or at least, thats how it seems to happen. In my entire life ive only bought about 500 dollars worth of lego system stuff (as upposed to 200 for Bionicles), so anyway, thats what my beleif is. Somehow 500 dollars worth of sets plus gifts turned into a collection that spans five Xerox box's.

Weirdsare... :shock:

-DA
Always remember....A toothpick in time saves nine. Only, what the heck does that mean?
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

I have found that the cheapest Lego source is to get them for free from friends that no longer use their Lego.

Unfortunately, only one of my friends still had his old Lego (the rest gave it to cousins or wouldn't part with it). He had but one small box of Lego, but it was free so I couldn't complain.

-The Josh
Lady Val
Villein

Post by Lady Val »

I have been known to buy new sets out of shops, but these tend to be sets that the kids want...Sam Grant/Johnny Thunder etc.

I would say that the vast majority of my Lego has come from car boot sales and jumble (rummage? ) sales. I bought a box of Lego at a jumble sale a couple of months ago and am still sorting it...several Indian sets, Fort Legorado and a lot of castle pieces that I suspect is King Leos castle, but not sure yet. No baseplate. Plus more...about ten kilos in all. It cost me £1.00 ...about $1.90 USA. On the same day I bought a similar size box at a carboot sale for £7.50 (~$14.00 USA? ), but it was mostly train pieces, Western and another Fort Legorado.

I`vew been going to jumble sales and carboots for ten years and consequently I own a LOT of Lego. I give away a lot to my friends children and keep the best for me and the kids. But most of it`s just smash....loose pieces, kept in bins of each colour. So I buy the occasional set off Ebay also. I just bought a used but complete 6077 due to the bad influence of this Forum. :oops:
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Most of mine come from sets, or brick tubs, if they don't count as sets.
But minifigs are a different story...
I have gotten most of my minifigs threw trades, whether that be with a freind at school, online, ebay, or whatever.
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

I use all different means of aquiring Lego: I buy sets in stores, order bulk bricks, get used sets off ebay, and have been given a few collections. Right now, I am hoping to get the Lego's from a family friend. He has tons of Legos, though I don't know if he has any castle. :)