this may sound dumb...

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
adm_matthew
Journeyman

this may sound dumb...

Post by adm_matthew »

Would anyone be willing to sell or trade one of the old Visor for something more reasonable than $5+ ?

see, I don't have enough money to get one off Bricklink, but I think they are sooo cool!
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

to be honest - I would probably pay 5.00 for one of those - And I am notoriously cheap... :roll:
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

the only one for $5 is messed up ;)
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

oh.
You're right. I wouldn't pay 5 for a messed up one.

Good luck! :)
(that's not a sarcastic good luck either, I really wish you well!)
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

matt,

i gotta be honest here, and say that i think your quest to find really old/rare items for cheap is unrealistic. I'm not a jerk, but if I had an old visor and I wanted to sell it, I'd sell it for as high as I could get. I dont think there is anyone out there sitting on a pile of quality old visors thinking to themself "i'm not gonna sell this at the highest price i can get, rather I'm gonna wait until some youngster asks me for it and i'll give it to him."

not gonna happen.

the prices on Bricklink and Ebay and AuctionBrick are a matter of supply and demand: low supply and high demand equals high price. yer best bet is to buy a bunch of cheap stuff when you get your visor, that way you don't feel the high cost so much.

for example, I bought six wolfpack figs with six fright knights - together it averaged to ~ $1.50 per fig, which to me is a good price.

-lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

why dont you just buy the set. you know the yellow castle. it has four visers in it. just buy it

lone ranger
lar
Villein

Post by lar »

lone ranger wrote:why dont you just buy the set. you know the yellow castle. it has four visers in it. just buy it

lone ranger
Most 375's don't have all their visors so this can be a very expensive way to complete the set...
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

why dont you just buy the set. you know the yellow castle. it has four visers in it. just buy it

lone ranger
Matt does not have the resources to buy the entire castle. He is a teenager, I think.

Matt, unless you pay for an entire fig which can run upwards of $10 (if you are lucky) I doubt you will find an old visor.

Even though they look cool, the visors are quite unstable, tend to pop off the helmets, and can bend and damage easily.

Look around at yard sales or estate sales. You might get lucky - like my mint condition, including the box, Knight's Procession for $1 :D

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin