Imperial Trading Post for Trade

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Imperial Trading Post for Trade

Post by rogue27 »

Hello.

I have an Imperial Trading Post w/ instructions + box that I would like to trade.

The parts are all in very good condition. The box has a lot of shelf wear / damage. The set is 100% complete, but one 12L black bar on a boat has been replaced with a dark grey one.

** EDIT - the correct color black bar is now included **

Anyway, I am looking for the following things:

6079 Dark Forest Fortress MISB
6046 Hemlock Stronghold MISB
6075 Wolfpack Tower MISB
6066 Camouflaged Outpost MISB or w/ instructions + box
6077 Forestmen's River Fortress MISB or w/ instructions + box
Any castle carts from 1984-1992 MISB or w/ instructions + box

Any used sets must have all parts in very good condition or I am not interested.

Any combination of the items above and / or cash is acceptable. Please post here if you have any questions or pm me if you wish to make an offer.

I'm going to put it on BrickLink in a couple weeks if nobody here wants it.
Last edited by rogue27 on Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

It seems that nobody is interested or able to trade the items I am looking for, so I have put the Imperial Trading Post into my BrickLink store for those of you who wanted to buy it with cash.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Hi,

The ITP is still available, and a desperate need for money has caused me to lower my expectations a bit.

Those of you who had previously made offers through private messages should check your private messages again.

Anybody else who is interested in this set should PM me an offer or grab it from my BrickLink store where it and all of my other used sets are currently on sale.

Thanks!
Last edited by rogue27 on Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well all I can say is that you won't have a big chance of someone trading, the sets you want are all good old castle sets. Hence they are wanted by there owners. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Robin Hood wrote:Well all I can say is that you won't have a big chance of someone trading, the sets you want are all good old castle sets. Hence they are wanted by there owners. :wink:
Well, this is a good old pirate set, and I know there is a fairly strong demand for this item in the general LEGO community. A bit less here, but not too much less since most castle fans also like pirate sets for the parts if nothing else.

Anyway, the inability to trade it for the sets I really want is why I'm content to just sell it for cash now if I have to. Ideally, I would get a mixture of some cash and some cool castle stuff.

Here are a few more items I am interested in trading for:
Box and / or instructions from 6066 Camouflaged Outpost
Box and / or instructions from 6077 Forestmen's River Fortress
Forestmen, Dark Forest, Wolfpack, or other good castle mini-figures
Guarded Inn (10000) MISB - I'll treat that as being worth $35 in trade

And for the sake of bartering / haggling, I value the Imperial Trading Post at around $120, but I can be flexible if the offer is interesting.
Last edited by rogue27 on Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

All I can say is,well if I had the dough I would snach it up without even blinking.....But as of right now... Would you you take $5 for it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dave
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Duke_Dave wrote:All I can say is,well if I had the dough I would snach it up without even blinking.....But as of right now... Would you you take $5 for it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dave

In a perfect world, everybody could have an Imperial Trading Post for $5, but I cannot let it go that cheap as I'm sure you know.

Sorry, man.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Re: HUH?

Post by rogue27 »

legoguy2 wrote:Do you want all of them or just 1 or what?? :?
I want all of that stuff, or I wouldn't be trying to trade for it. No, I do not expect all of that stuff for the Imperial Trading Post, but I have to say which things I am interested in so people will know what sorts of things to trade me.

You aren't too familiar with trading, are you?
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

It's none of my business and if anybody is willing to trade sets with you it's totally fine with me. Though, I would have a hard time giving away a MISB set for an opened/used set, even if it's coming with its box. I'd be able to get a used Imperial Trading Post any time again but I'd likely not get a MISB 6077 back :-)

For me it's a fair deal to trade a MISB set for a MISB set and a used set for a used set. For example I'd trade you a MISB 6055 + MISB 6030 for your MISB 6060. (That's actually a serious offer, so if anybody is interested...)

Bye
Jojo

rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Jojo wrote:Hello!
It's none of my business and if anybody is willing to trade sets with you it's totally fine with me. Though, I would have a hard time giving away a MISB set for an opened/used set, even if it's coming with its box. I'd be able to get a used Imperial Trading Post any time again but I'd likely not get a MISB 6077 back :-)

Well, you will notice that I wanted "MISB" or "with instructions and box" for the older and more difficult to obtain sets. I also added a list of non MISB things in a later post that I was interested in. However, most people who PMed me just wanted to buy it with cash, and none of them even had lego sets as old as the ones I want.

Anyway, if it's not obvious, I am trying to collect all of the forestmen sets, which includes Dark Forest.

Right now, I have:
1877 Crusader's Cart
1974 Smuggler's Hayride
6054 Forestmen's Hideout
6071 Forestmen's Crossing
6024 Bandit Ambush
6079 Dark Forest Fortress (bought and currently being shipped here)

Also in my Forestmen collection, I have:
6042 Dungeon Hunters (forestmen prisoner)
6103 Castle Minifigures (includes two forestmen)
5184 Castle Equipment (includes forestmen shields and hats)

All of this stuff was MISB when I got it, but most if it was obtained a long time ago before my dark age. I got the Dark Forest stuff this year.

All that remains to complete my collection is:
6066 Camouflaged Outpost
6077 Forestmen's River Fortress
6046 Hemlock Stronghold
1680 Crusader's Cart w/ extra minifig (very low priority)

Being so close, you can't blame me for wanting to get the few remaining sets as MISB if possible, right? Of course, I would open them right away anyway. I just want the satisfaction of opening and building them all myself. Isn't that stupid?

I actually have enough parts to build 6066 completely with "new" parts, but I don't have the minifigs, box, or instructions for that set. That is why I'm interested in Forestmen minifigs and instructions too. Sadly, it is nearly impossible to find the minifigs in "new" condition, and even the used ones are ridiculously expensive.

I don't know why I typed all that because I'm sure nobody cares.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I care :-) I'm almost glad that I'm not the only silly collector here... (OK, I know there are several others, but none of them as silly as I am.)
Being so close, you can't blame me for wanting to get the few remaining sets as MISB if possible, right?
I don't blame you at all! I'm a collector myself, and yes, I also try to get as many sets MISB as possible. Though I don't open anymore sets that I already have in used condition. Most if not all sets from the 80's I once had MISB and opened them (of course, I was a careless child) so I don't need to open them again. I also got a MISB 6071 once and opened it and I already regret that because I got me a second copy in near MINT condition so that I would rather have kept the unopened box unopened...
6079 I opened twice and I regret that, too.

I never had 1680, 1877 or 1974 MISB but at least I got boxes for 1680 and 1788, still need a box to put 1974 in.

6077 is also a set that I never had MISB. I didn't purchase it back then and I did never get my hands on a MISB one later. I would not open it, though :-)

6066 is interesting because it came in different boxes (pics = links):

Image Image

The smaller box (first pic, bottom) is the initial release that I presume was also the format the US-version came with. Mine are EU-boxes without names and piece count. I wonder if I need an US-box, too... The remarkable thing is that they also changed the picture on the box.

Another question: What do you consider "MISB"? Literally it's "sealed" box but I am not that picky anymore. Though I'd prefer a sealed box over a box with missing seals also the second has its benefits. In fact I like sets that come in opened boxes but sealed polybags so that I can take a look into the box without being forced to break a seal....

OK, I'll stop it here. Do we need a "Collecting" sub-forum?

Bye
Jojo

architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I'm almost glad that I'm not the only silly collector here...
Me too.
OK, I know there are several others, but none of them as silly as I am.)
This is true :wink:

I must admit that I have opened all the misb sets that I found as an adult. Of course many of these I didnt have before: 6079, 6012, etc. Some I did have, like 6030, but I just had to build it ;)

Eventually I would like to collect misb or mint in sealed bags, etc but I cant afford it now. I have to be content with finding used sets that have only been built once or twice. These are great because they are almost new and much cheaper than misb.

As for the ITP, I would love to have one, but I dont have anything misb to trade (and not that much to trade anyway).
OK, I'll stop it here. Do we need a "Collecting" sub-forum?
We don't but I think we should. Unfortunately, we can't have sub forums and must make a new forum. So collecting discussions could be in LEGO Castle (about the box variations, etc) or in B/S/T if about prices of the sets.

Ben E.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Jojo wrote:
I care :-) I'm almost glad that I'm not the only silly collector here... (OK, I know there are several others, but none of them as silly as I am.)
I can't afford to be a really silly collector at the moment. I was trying to collect all castle sets up through the early 90s, but I decided that all Forestmen sets is a more realistic goal since I already had most of them. After I finish that, I'll try to get all of the Wolfpack stuff. And then... who knows? I'm sure I'll be busy for a while with my present goals.

I never had 1680, 1877 or 1974 MISB but at least I got boxes for 1680 and 1788, still need a box to put 1974 in.
I'm currently the high bidder on a 1680 on eBay right now. (hopefully people here won't bid against me) Since I have a 1877 that I opened MISB, I don't care if my 1680 is used.

I may have also been foolish and thrown away the box for 1877 and / or 1974 because they were in value packs and the glue on the value pack backing rips the boxes. Hopefully I did not do that, but I am not sure.

6066 is interesting because it came in different boxes
That is odd. I'm pretty sure my brother's 6066 had the smaller box. I had a 6 month dark age during the second half of 1997, and I never went back and got 6066 later. I really regret that now.

Speaking of 6066, I keep holding out hope that it will be re-released. It's size and popularity makes me think it would work well. It would use the new colors, but I plan to just replace all of the grey parts if that ever happens. At least it would be a cheap source of new forestmen minifigs. That would still leave me with ugly brown hats, but it's better than nothing.

With regards to different boxes, I wouldn't mind having all three different boxes someday, but it is not a high priority. I want to have all of the sets before I worry about collecting variants and duplicates.

Another question: What do you consider "MISB"? Literally it's "sealed" box but I am not that picky anymore. Though I'd prefer a sealed box over a box with missing seals also the second has its benefits. In fact I like sets that come in opened boxes but sealed polybags so that I can take a look into the box without being forced to break a seal....
I recall a recent 6079 on eBay was opened, but still polybagged. That is new enough to be considered "new" for me, and it's nice because that 6079 sold for about half of what the MISB ones go for. I just didn't have any money at the time, so I had to let it go. For collecting, "built once and put on display" is usually new enough for me. I just worry about getting used sets because the quality of them parts is hard to judge from the pictures, and people always seem to overstate the quality of the stuff they are selling on eBay.

I know my "used with box and instructions" 6075 was supposed to be in excellent condition, but that was a flat out lie. I'm so disappointed in it that I am passively searching for another. I think that's the main reason I want to avoid used stuff.

Anyway, I doubt I'll get any trades for my Trading Post, but I definitely won't if I don't ask. If I get cash, I'll probably use it to buy some of the stuff I want for my collection.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

I just thougt I'd point it out( i know its off subject :D ) that rogue27 probably just wrote the longest post on CC. :lol:

Dave