Yellow Castle: missing pieces

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
davidslego1
Gong Farmer

Re: Proper Posting for "LEGO Castle"

Post by davidslego1 »

hi, i have the yellow castle, but i have lost some of the shileds and wepons!!! :oops:
do you know where i could buy the bits i need to make the set compleate again???? :wink:
thankyou
naomi
NAOMI WHEELER
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Dear Naomi,

You can go to www.bricklink.com to buy what you need. Also, this is the wrong place for these kind of posts. But I believe you are new here.

R. B.
visit my website: www.redbeanstudio.net
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Naomi,

Red Bean is correct. This type of post belongs in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. I will move it there. Bricklink is an excellent resource that should be able to help you complete the Yellow Castle.

Another solution for the shields could also work. At Classic Castle we have image files .jpg and .psd which can print out old shield designs. You could buy shields from bricklink or lego shop at home (castle accessory pack) and print off stickers and glue them over the other shields. This would be much cheaper than buying original shields.

Here is the link to the sticker template page: http://www.classic-castle.com/howto/art ... ields.html

Ben E.
Sets Admin
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Bricklink all the way. Yellow Castle accessories go for way to much on eBay. It unbelieveable a couple of guys will go for. Your best bet is www.bricklink.com.
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

I do not suggest using stickers to complete the set. They will probably look the same, but they will decrease the worth of the set. If you plan on selling it, it would be far better to spend the extra dollars for the real ones. If you're not planning on selling it, then stickers would probably be the way to go. Except if you're like me, and can't bring yourself to use stickers.

Welcome to Classic-Castle, by the way.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Snoopy wrote:I do not suggest using stickers to complete the set. They will probably look the same, but they will decrease the worth of the set. If you plan on selling it, it would be far better to spend the extra dollars for the real ones. If you're not planning on selling it, then stickers would probably be the way to go. Except if you're like me, and can't bring yourself to use stickers.

Welcome to Classic-Castle, by the way.
Hey snoop.
Weren't the original shields in the yellow castle stickers?

I agree about the selling though. If you are going to sell then go ALL original. But if you are going to keep then homemade stickers (if done well) is the way to go.

:D
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Even if you aren't selling, there is something about owning the "ORIGINAL" pieces, more or less in their entirety. Especially for something like the Yellow Castle. On the other hand, if money is a problem, go with the stickers. KK1 shields are almost dirt cheap, and the stickers are about the same (needs: paper, ink.)
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

I meant not to use copied stickers but the originals, LEGOFREAK.

If you want copies, someone is selling 375 sticker sheets on eBay, right now. I think they go for $5-$6 dollars a sheet, but am not positively sure.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hi Naomi!

I agree with the others regarding original parts: There's nothing than the original!

Additionally to the advices you already got from others I'd like to draw you attention to the fact that there are two types of swords that are unfortunately NOT distinct from each other in BrickLink's database. The old (thus original) light grey swords are made of hard material. There are also new ones that are of flexible material. If you need some of the light grey swords for your yellow Castle make sure you do not buy swords that are marked "new" but swords that are marked "used". There's no chance you will find a "new" original sword from the original yellow Castle on BrickLink! This set is 26 years old, nobody would part out a new copy (if he ever got one) and sell the parts seperately.

Bye
Jojo

rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Jojo wrote:Hi Naomi!

I agree with the others regarding original parts: There's nothing than the original!

Additionally to the advices you already got from others I'd like to draw you attention to the fact that there are two types of swords that are unfortunately NOT distinct from each other in BrickLink's database. The old (thus original) light grey swords are made of hard material. There are also new ones that are of flexible material. If you need some of the light grey swords for your yellow Castle make sure you do not buy swords that are marked "new" but swords that are marked "used". There's no chance you will find a "new" original sword from the original yellow Castle on BrickLink! This set is 26 years old, nobody would part out a new copy (if he ever got one) and sell the parts seperately.

Bye
Jojo

Also worth noting that you aren't guaranteed to get an original one if it is used either...

I greatly dislike the softer swords they make nowdays. Why can't TLC go back to making the originals?
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

The harder swords probably use more plastic or a more expensive type of it. More cost-cutting methods at TLC? Or maybe it is to make the swords "safer" somehow? :?
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I agree with many of the recent posters. If you want to achieve a collector quality yellow castle, please buy originals. However, many yellow castle original shields and stickers have alot of wear. If you dont have alot of money and this is for a child to play with, I would go for the stickers. Then it wouldnt matter if they got damaged.

Ben E.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Devari wrote:The harder swords probably use more plastic or a more expensive type of it. More cost-cutting methods at TLC? Or maybe it is to make the swords "safer" somehow? :?
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the change had been made with an eye towards strength. The newer, more bendable swords (1994---), don't break as easily, due to that springiness, whereas the older ones (1978-1993) did snap. I know, I broke two myself. (Mind, I was seven at the time, but I think my theory still holds some water.)
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

I have three snapped swords from older sets. (1991-92 area) I was wondering if that might be the case.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Sorry, I didn't mean to derail this thread...

I always guessed it would be safety, but it's quite possible that it was done so they don't break as easily. TLC says they often make changes to improve quality. Anyway, I dislike the softer swords because they don't look as good and they tend to have some flash visible at the seam which makes them look cheap. Also worth noting that they have switched several other parts to this softer material over the years and I"m not sure of the reasons for that. For example, the little flower tops like you get with Guarded Inn or Blacksmith Shop.

But anyway, uh... Go Yellow Castle!
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]