Anyone with Canadian knowledge?

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Anyone with Canadian knowledge?

Post by Formendacil »

I'm wondering if anyone here knows if KK2 is available in stores in Canada? I get the impression that they're in Toys 'r' Us, but are they anywhere else? I'm going with my Mom by the city on Wednesday, and if I have an idea in advance if I should look anywhere else, that'd be great, as its usually cheaper elsewhere. And I don't get into the city very often, and certainly not with money for LEGO.
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

I don't think they're even in stores in the US. I went to Walmart, Target, and Fred Meyer last Saturday here in Washington State and none of them were selling any of the sets.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only guessing.
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Sets come in later in the west... I know that from a couple years experience. :)
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Wal-Mart, at least where I live, has been very slow to carry new Lego themes after they appear on S@H and stuff. In fact, Wal-Mart has been carrying very little LEGO as of late.

Right now, it seems that S@H is the best place to find KK2 stuff, unless you live near a specialty store.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I'll reply to this since I am geographically pretty close you you. Toy R Us is pretty much the only source for KKII sets here in Calgary. There are a few smaller independent retailers that have them as well, but those are even more over priced than TRU. TRU pricing for the smaller sets is higher than MSRP. Both the Border Ambush 8778 and Vladek Encounter 8777 are higher than MSRP. S@H has all the sets at MSRP so I would check those prices and know them before you buy. Perhaps hold off for a few weeks and see what kind of pricing WalMart or Superstore has.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I probably will hold off. Thanks for the info. Good to know now, before I search all over. Thanks again!
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

Speeking of release dates. Can anyone tell me the exact date for kk2 to get to the west?
Alan
good times
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

No exact date. It depends on how long it takes for the stuff to get to the western stores, and also how soon the stores decide to put it out.
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

I know this is thread is a bit old...

Toys R US has the KK2 and the new Alpha Team sets.

Walmart is still trying to sell off some more of its overstocked Spiderman I, and Extreme sports sets.
(some new HP sets and some new Spiderman 2 sets)

Zellers is trying to still sell off its (scary) Studios
and Lego Island Extreme sets. (I seen their
life guarding set for $8 Canadian).

I haven't been in the Bay (generally a poor selection) or at Winners (not as good deals as they had when they first
opened).

Benjamin Medinets
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Brickboy wrote:Speeking of release dates. Can anyone tell me the exact date for kk2 to get to the west?
Alan
KK2 is in Toys R Us in southern California. One store I went to had the entire line and another store had only the two smallest sets (be sure to look at high-visiblity end-caps). The Vladek Encounter seems to be either popular or in short supply, because I got the last two in one store, and there was only two left in the other, but lots of the bridge-thingy. Targets and Walmarts have not gotten them in yet.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
plums_deify
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by plums_deify »

When I spoke with a Lego Rep, she said that all stores were supposed to have the new Castle sets by July 1.

Then again, the Toys R Us near my house always has all the new sets in stock.

Snoopy--the new Lego store in Bellvue should be open shortly--it would be a bit of a drive, but worth it, especially if they add a Pick a Brick.
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Great! We're not too far from Bellevue. :D
Check out my LEGO Movies at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=88753 !
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Winners isn't quite as bad as it was getting to be. There prices are up, but they're still better than full retail. The one around here at least has most of the smaller SW sets from late 2002/2003, and a bunch of Orient Expeditions, including a Jungle fortress for 40.00 (CAD) (something like 28.00 USD).

Like I said, not as good as it once was, but around here anyway, better than a lot of other stuff.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Yes Winners is really good. The had those Phaoroh's Tombs for $2.99 CAD and all sorts of other goodies.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin