Win your Christmas wish list from LEGO

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Win your Christmas wish list from LEGO

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

Wow, LEGO is running a contest where an entrant will receive ten sets! Make sure you fill out the entry form ASAP.
http://shop.lego.com/Promotion/?Holiday ... _Promotion
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
porschecm2
Councilor

Re: Win your Christmas wish list from LEGO

Post by porschecm2 »

What if I'm an AFOL and don't have any kids though? This seems like it's designed specifically for kids, not for AFOLs. :(

Cm2
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/porschecm ... onal.1.png[/img]
Think twice. Post once.
Constructum excellentia!
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

I had been wondering about this myself (I had gotten a hardcopy of this form on my last LIC visit).

So, Ahem: (as copied directly from http://shop.lego.com/wlpromo )

OFFICIAL RULES

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY

1. OVERVIEW: This Holiday Season, you will have the chance to ""Win Your LEGO® Wish List."" Tell us the top 10 LEGO® sets on your wish list this Holiday Season. To be entered for a chance to win, take your completed list into a LEGO® Store or mail it to us at the address below.

2. HOW TO ENTER: Fill in an entry form with your top 10 LEGO® sets, along with the other required information. Entry forms are available at LEGO® Stores, in Holiday Season LEGO® Catalogs, in the November-December 2010 edition of LEGO® Club Magazine and online at shop.LEGO.com/WLPromo Be sure to sign the form (or, for Entrants who are minors, have your parent or legal guardian sign) before submitting or mailing. Drop off completed entry forms at any LEGO® Store or mail to: Holiday Wish List Promotion, LEGO Brand Retail Inc., PO Box 1138, Enfield, CT 06082. Limit: one entry per person. This promotion begins October 1, 2010 and ends December 10, 2010. Entries must be received or postmarked no later than 11:59 p.m. (EST) December 10, 2010.

Wish List items must be from the current LEGO® product range. The following LEGO® product and service categories are excluded from this offer: Pick A Brick items; Design byME orders; Gift cards and electronic gift cards; LEGO® Universe subscription plans; and LEGO® BRICKMASTER® subscriptions.

No purchase is necessary to enter and win a prize. Making a purchase will not improve your chances of winning.

3. HOW TO WIN: A random drawing will be conducted on or about December 15, 2010 for each of the five prize regions: 1) US; 2) Canada; 3) UK / Ireland; 4) Germany/Austria/Switzerland, and 5) the Netherlands. One Prize Winner per region will be selected to win a Prize of the ten items on the Wish List. Many will enter; only one person per prize region will win a prize. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.

4. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is open to residents of the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and the Netherlands only. Entrants who are minors must have the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Employees of the LEGO Group and members of their immediate families and households are not all eligible. All national, regional, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.

5. RANDOM DRAWINGS: A series of five random drawings will be conducted from among all eligible entries on or about December 15, 2010 by members of the Marketing Team at LEGO Systems, Inc. Decisions of the judges will be final. One Prize Winner from each prize region will be selected. Prize Winners will be notified by email on or before December 20, 2010.

6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: There will be five prizes awarded. Each Prize Winner will win the ten items listed on his or her Wish List, subject to availability. Approximate retail value of each prize will vary depending on the contents of each Prize Winner's Wish List, but is limited to a maximum of:

US: $1000.00 USD
Canada: $1000.00 CAD
UK/Ireland: £1000.00
DE/AU/SZ: €1000.00
Netherlands: €1000.00

Winning Wish List entries exceeding these amounts will be fulfilled based on priority up to but not exceeding the applicable value.

It is the Entrant's (or parent's or guardian's) responsibility to verify the contents of the Entrant's Wish List for accuracy and suitability; no substitution of prizes will be allowed by the Prize Winners.

7. GENERAL RULES:

Limit: one entry per person. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, misdirected, illegible, or unintelligible entries. All entry materials become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.

By completing the entry, Entrant (or parent or guardian) consents to receive a follow-up message from the LEGO Group via e-mail.

Winners will be notified by email to the indicated email address.

No substitution of prize or transfer of prize to another person is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value in the unlikely event that the intended prize or prize component is not available, or not suitable due to the age of the Prize Winner.

All taxes, fees, and duties, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of each Prize Winner or his or her parent or guardian.

In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.

If an Entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, or if the Sponsor suspects that an Entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities, or any other method, all entries submitted by the Entrant will be declared null and void.

By accepting a prize, Prize Winners (and the parents or legal guardians of minor Prize Winners) agree to hold Sponsor, its directors, officers, employees, and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of the prize. Prize Winners (and the parents or legal guardians of minor Prize Winners) assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use a Prize Winner's name for purposes of publishing a winners list, unless prohibited by law. Prize Winners may be asked, but are not required, to take part in a publicity related activity post contest.

Prizes will be mailed to each Prize Winner within 30 days of the prize award date. It is the responsibility of the Prize Winner to inform the Sponsor of the proper shipping address. Prizes are not expected to be delivered to Prize Winners until January 2011.

Entrants (and the parents or legal guardians of minor Prize Winners) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its directors, officers, employees and assigns, from and against any and all liability and damages. By participating in this promotion, Entrants (and the parents or legal guardians of minor Prize Winners) agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges’ decisions, which are final. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the giveaway promotion, or in the announcement of the prizes.

Special rules for United States residents: The Prize Winner (or the parent or legal guardian of a Prize Winner who is a minor) will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, and a Prize Acceptance Form within 5 days of such forms being emailed. Noncompliance within this time period or return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate Prize Winner will be selected. (End of US residents special rules).

Special rules for Canadian residents: To be declared a winner, the potential Prize Winner (or the parent or legal guardian of a potential Prize Winner who is a minor) who is a resident of Canada must correctly answer an arithmetical skill-testing question and execute a Declaration and Release Form to release Sponsor and its agencies and representatives from liability with respect to contests and prizes within 5 days of such form being emailed. Noncompliance within this time period or return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate winner will be selected. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. (End of Canadian residents special rules).

Not responsible for faulty, incorrect or mis-transcribed email transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions that may limit a user's ability to participate in the promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user's internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's email account to receive email. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries that are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the account holder fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.

Notice: Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.

8. WINNERS: For the names of the winners, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed (#10) envelope to: ""Win your LEGO® Holiday Wish List!"" Prize Giveaway, LEGO Systems, Inc., 555 Taylor Road, Enfield, CT 06083 USA, to be received by January 20, 2011. Residents of Canada and the U.S. State of Vermont may omit return postage.

9. SPONSOR: LEGO A/S, Aastvej 1, 7190 Billund, Denmark.

LEGO and BRICKMASTER are trademarks of the LEGO Group of Companies. © 2010 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.

So, as you may see in #2 it addresses a winner *OR* thier guardian if the winner is a minor.... SO AFOL's enter away!
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
KarenJ
Foot Soldier

Post by KarenJ »

Special rules for United States residents: The Prize Winner (or the parent or legal guardian of a Prize Winner who is a minor) will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, and a Prize Acceptance Form within 5 days of such forms being emailed.
Pretty normal for the United States.
Special rules for Canadian residents: To be declared a winner, the potential Prize Winner (or the parent or legal guardian of a potential Prize Winner who is a minor) who is a resident of Canada must correctly answer an arithmetical skill-testing question and execute a Declaration and blah, blah, blah
But if you win in Canada, you have to pass a math test. :o

Somehow that seems unfair to the Canadians.
Karen

Left dark ages Jan '07
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

Yeah, the skill testing question here is usually something like: (6+8)/2=? Really challenging stuff.

When I was at the lego store today I was handed three forms, one for each of my boys and one for myself so I guess that answers the question.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

KarenJ wrote:
Special rules for Canadian residents: To be declared a winner, the potential Prize Winner (or the parent or legal guardian of a potential Prize Winner who is a minor) who is a resident of Canada must correctly answer an arithmetical skill-testing question and execute a Declaration and blah, blah, blah
But if you win in Canada, you have to pass a math test. :o

Somehow that seems unfair to the Canadians.
Standard procedure in Canada for any non-lottery draws.

Nice to see that it's limited to one entry per person so that someone can't flood the contest with entries. Keeps us all equal (though if you're part of a large family, perhaps some are 'more equal' than others :roll: )
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

Well on my last visit they just stuck 3 copies of the form in my bag and didn't even mention what they were for, no worries I passed 2 of them along for my nephews.... :)
I got 3 copies of the store calendar as well, one thing I noticed was they are doing the buy $75 on a single visit between 2 dates, get a PAB box you fill between dec 26 and march for free thing.
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

porschecm2 wrote:What if I'm an AFOL and don't have any kids though? This seems like it's designed specifically for kids, not for AFOLs. :(

Cm2
Of course, if anyone feels the need to assuage their guilt on entering this and competing against little kids with no pocket money, you could always just list one or two items which you might like for yourself, and for the remainder, pick gifts which would be appropriate to give to your local charities.