For sale: 8 MISB Elves

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

For sale: 8 MISB Elves

Post by wobnam »

For sale: 8 Elf minifigures. New in sealed bags with all accessories.

$60 + shipping for all 8 figures.

Last edited by wobnam on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Handar
Archer

Re: For sale: 8 MISB Elves

Post by Handar »

PM sent. :)
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

hi

i though the bags cost 2 euros each!!! even if it's 2 dollars in america if you ask fpr 60 plus shipping, isin't a bit expensive????

sorry for the remark but, i'm strongly agains anyone buying something in quantities just to sell them overpriced. it robs everyone from going to a shop and making their collection honestly.

personaly i got a series 1 complete and a series 2 almost complete still missing the spartan, but i got lots of repeated minigifs.

Thoriun
Thoriun... No words are enough to express how i feel

Silvery, often with black tarnish

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thoriun
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

even if it's 2 dollars in america
In the US the collectible figs are now $2.99. And that is IF you can find them and IF you are able to understand that dot code, and IF you can find the figs you are looking for.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Handar
Archer

Post by Handar »

Thoriun wrote:hi

i though the bags cost 2 euros each!!! even if it's 2 dollars in america if you ask fpr 60 plus shipping, isin't a bit expensive????

sorry for the remark but, i'm strongly agains anyone buying something in quantities just to sell them overpriced. it robs everyone from going to a shop and making their collection honestly.

personaly i got a series 1 complete and a series 2 almost complete still missing the spartan, but i got lots of repeated minigifs.

Thoriun
I have yet to see these released in Canada, and I'm starting to wonder if I ever will. I'm also really only interested in the elf minifig, for which I would like multiple copies.

As it stands, I need to make trips to Wal-Mart just to check and see if they've stocked them. So far I've probably made three or four such trips, all without luck. I have no idea how many trips I'd need to make in total, but each trip costs me about 20 minutes or half an hour.

Should Wal-mart actually get them in, I'll have to get lucky and be there before they get picked over. To get the eight minifigs, I'd have to feel my way through at least three boxes total, which I'm suspecting would likely take at least another hour and will undoubtedly turn out to be very frustrating.

If I'm lucky enough to find the minifigs, they'll cost my $3 each.

Wobnam's offer works out to $7.50 per minifig, plus shipping, so let's round up to $8 each. I'm very happy to pay an extra $5 per minifig in order to save myself the time associated with many trips to the store and the hassle of actually sorting through each pack, assuming they can be found. Plus, this way I am guaranteed to get the figures and in the quantities I would like, whereas if I look for them on my own there is a very strong chance that I won't find any.

So, in short, I find the price offered quite reasonable. I would, of course, far prefer simply to pay Lego $3 per minifig to get exactly the ones I want in the quantities I want, but that's not an option. So, I'm happy to do the next best thing. I don't think that wobnam's offer is overpriced, and I certainly don't think he's being dishonest.
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

Thoriun wrote:hi

Thoriun
He Thoriun, while I understand your shock and distaste for the practise of making a profit on a product that is in short supply (sometimes this is called scalping), how do you know that Wobnam didn't pay that much for these himself? I don't. In the future if you have a problem with another member's behaviour, please just send them a private message to let them know that you don't like what you're seeing. Posts such as the one you made open yourself up to needless arguement. Thanks.

Also, seeing as this is a private sale, not a public auction and somebody seems to have made an offer to purchase, this topic warrants no further commentary on that matter.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

hi

my post was not against Wobnam personaly, i just hate the ideia of someone outbuying the few avaiable ones so they can make a profit. The same thing aplies to music concert tickets as anything else in life.

For me if you buy something to make a shortness in the market for this or that item, so you can sell them at a more expansive price, Shame on you.

If Wobnam already bought them at that price is up to him. I can see it's a private deal. I just hate the ideia. Nothing against anybody.

So, there is no more miss understanding, my previous and current post is not intented at anyone in particulary.

best regards

Thoriun
Thoriun... No words are enough to express how i feel

Silvery, often with black tarnish

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thoriun
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

hi

my post was not against Wobnam personaly, i just hate the ideia of someone outbuying the few avaiable ones so they can make a profit. The same thing aplies to music concert tickets as anything else in life.

For me if you buy something to make a shortness in the market for this or that item, so you can sell them at a more expansive price, Shame on you.

If Wobnam already bought them at that price is up to him. I can see it's a private deal. I just hate the ideia. Nothing against anybody.

So, there is no more miss understanding, my previous and current post is not intented at anyone in particulary.

best regards

Thoriun
As Trevor stated, this is a thread for a private sale...comments such as yours are off topic and not to continue to be placed in this thread.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

Sorry about keeping this kind of off topic, but I'd just like to point out that I'm not creating "a shortness in the market" as the minifigs come from a place where availability isn't a problem; in fact most places are overstocked. So don't worry, there are no little kids going home empty handed because mean evil wobnam got there first. Now, if you (or anyone else) want to discuss this further please send me a PM. Otherwise, get off my lawn! ;)
Falconer
Peasant

Post by Falconer »

If it's too expensive don't buy it and If he can't find someone to buy it got 60$ he'll lower the price. If you were selling something wouldn't you try to get as much as possible for it?
Fraslund
Robin Goodfellow

Post by Fraslund »

My bad.. Newish here. Was just responding to another post.
Last edited by Fraslund on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

I really wanted some elves myself, but didnt want to pay some of the prices I had seen. Luckily for me Walmart got a bunch of series 3 in stock and with some expert feel around technique I was able to score 2 more! :roflol:

I guess just keep your ear to the ground, you never know what may turn up.
This is completely irrelevant to the thread itself. This thread is about the sale of elves. Your comment is not on topic. Please do not post off topic messages.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Handar
Archer

Post by Handar »

Bluesecrets wrote:
I really wanted some elves myself, but didnt want to pay some of the prices I had seen. Luckily for me Walmart got a bunch of series 3 in stock and with some expert feel around technique I was able to score 2 more! :roflol:

I guess just keep your ear to the ground, you never know what may turn up.
This is completely irrelevant to the thread itself. This thread is about the sale of elves. Your comment is not on topic. Please do not post off topic messages.
As the individual who purchased the eight elves, I can say that this thread could easily be locked as the transaction was completed several months ago.
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

This thread will be locked if I see anymore off topic comments. But until wobnam asks the staff to lock it, then it is not to be locked.

But I will give yet another warning. Any further comments that have nothing to do with the sale offered in this thread are NOT WELCOME and will be referred to the admins for consideration.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I thought he was asking $60/each at first and was about to run to the basement to hoc mine for that price... :lol:

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]