Toys "R" Us May Leave the Toy Business ??

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I hate Wal-Mart. It has next to nothing for LEGO, maybe like 10 sets. Zellers has a junky selection too. Toys R Us is where I get most of my LEGO. Same with Winners. TLC better not get out of the Building Toy Market. They really have to smarten up with their products. If they do, people won't buy so many MB and will cause in more LEGO sales. LEGO will then have more money for better designs and quality. That will cause more people to go to TRU for the better selection, and TRU won't shut down. (I hope.)
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

This is kind of off topic, but what does the "R" in Toys R Us stand for?
pwnage
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Emperor James wrote:This is kind of off topic, but what does the "R" in Toys R Us stand for?
"Are"
as in "Toys are what we do"
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Sir Terrance wrote:LEGO will then have more money for better designs and quality. That will cause more people to go to TRU for the better selection, and TRU won't shut down. (I hope.)
One toy company isn't enough to keep Toys R Us afloat, no matter how great their toys are.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

I'm thinking that tru will end up as a video game store. I have no evidence, but it seems likely.
pwnage
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

The only thing that makes TRU better than Target is that they sell Orient Expedition...
Charlie
Freeman

Post by Charlie »

Of the two TRUs near me neither one stocks much Lego at ALL. They are down to half an aisle of "Building Toys" and of that the vast majority are Mega Bloks, or Duplo like stuff.

Plus prices are higher, the store is always a mess. I wouldn't me sad at all to see them go.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

The lone TRU in my county is THE ONLY source of green 32x32 baseplates, and lt. gray 48x48 baseplates.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]