Best find?

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Sale at KB toys...you can get cheap star wars sets with brown capes...and I use the lightsaber parts for magic staffs...
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

mine was the giant bin of lego for $40.00 - included a full black seas barracuda, and a full technic destroyer droid, as well as numerous uncounted town playsets.
I am STILL sorting that puppy.
:D
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Well, take a pick of three:

A combo pack of 7150 TIE Fighter & Y-wing and 7130 Snowspeeder for 19.99, Canadian.

8268 Scorpion Attack's (A technic set which is completely useless) for 14 cents each. Also Canadian dollars. :wink:

A sizeable tub of pieces, including a 97% complete 6090 Royal Knight's Castle, a almost complete 6044 King's Carriage:
That was $100 Canadian.
fcarcanague
Laborer

Post by fcarcanague »

20# of "dirty/ damaged" Lego on Ebay last year for $45 shipped. Less than 1 pound was really damaged and for dirty... Fadded white and grey bricks. 9 road plates, 3 green, 2 tan and 1 blue 32x32 baseplates worst one had some house paint on it that flaked off. This is also where I got my perfect pitchfork and tons of clasic windows.
Just goes to showm one mans trash can really be a treasure.

Fred
Please visit updates once in a while
http://www.carcanague.com/
Need more Spare Parts [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Carcanague]Spare Bricks 4 You[/url]
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

This costed me nothing but a smile. (pics = links)
Image + Image

Bye
Jojo

jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

Not that is lucky.. look at all that stuff you got there, lots of sets and baseplates. And all those nice mocs too! Where on earth did you get all that? :o
I wish I could be as lucky as you, I have plenty of smiles! :)

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

OMG jojo... you are lucky man! Whoever gave you those appeared to have been an AFOL, or have links to one, how could they give you that massive collection for FREE!?

As for a best deal, I have gotten a couple of good ones on ebay, nothing spectacular, but I am still waiting for a family friend to outgrow his Lego, or at least allow himself to part with them. He has the entire western them, all the dark forest sets, as well as a 10 lb box of other Lego that he used for moc's. hope he outgrows his Lego, he is in college now so I am worrying.
pwnage
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

My best find was a box my sister gave me after much deal making. She had all this box with lots classic space, wolfpack tower, smuggler's hayride (with a perfect pitchfork) and that is just a few.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Best deal?
The one I am doing on robo's castle lego at bricklink.
BTW Jojo do you sell some big gates?
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I've never really made any really great finds, but I did just buy 6011 Black Knight's Treasure and 6030 Catapult for 25 bucks (plus shipping). I know it's not that spectacular of a deal, but hey, 3 Falcons, 2 round shields, a horse and a grey chest... I'm pretty pleased. Now I just need to get a few more copies of the Black Falcons Fortress, and I'll be set.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

for thirty dollars at a yard sale I got one of each of these plus some
Naboo fighter (system)
Gungun sub
Castle 6090
Pirate ships 6280, 6289, 6250
tecnic destroyer and battle droid
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Best find for me so far - $11 for a 10039 Black Falcon Fortress set at a LEGO warehouse sale.
Charlie
Freeman

Post by Charlie »

I have had two very good finds.

The first was about 45+ pounds of Lego at a garage sale, along with a shoebox full of manuals for get this, $25! After parting it out, I made at least $200 off selling unwanted parts, and close to 100 minifigs. All of the acceptable parts were then assimilated into my Castle collection ;)

My next great find was a large box of Lego for $20. Not nearly as much as the previous lot, but this time there wer more than 30 classic space figs, as well as 6 or 7 complete classic splace sets. These were sold for around $200 total. The rest of the parts were either put into my collection, or sold it.

It's always great to have a hobby that pays for itself ;)