DREAM auction

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Gumby
Steward

DREAM auction

Post by Gumby »

OMG this has got to be the DREAM auction. :shock: Go check it out for yourself:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5920958227

Any guesses as to what the final bid amount will be?

-Bryan
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

If he had 6085, 6090, and 6086, then it would be THE dream auction for me.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

Man, its 100 already and 6days left... It'll be up to 300 or more I bet by the time there' 1 day left on it. Whoever buys it might sell em back as individual sets, they could probably recover all their loses and make money.

Wish I had some extreme luck like putting in 50$ and then all the bidders dropped out lol. Too rich for me, but oh how I wish I could...

Quick note, I think I counted 64figures. *drool* I want money.... come on publisher's clearing house ^_^
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

It's not really a dream auction, he is selling quite a bit of shipping with that auction, especially within Canada he is almost doubling what a large box would cost to ship. Any good seller will check the contents of each box to confirm that all the parts are there. He says they may be in other boxes, but there are no guarantees there. Fixed shipping costs on eBay are one of the reasons I don't bid on a lot of auctions anymore. The I can cancel this auction at any time for any reason disclaimer is off-putting. I also never buy from sellers who don't have Paypal as an option. Bidpay is for the greedy and money orders are an added cost most buyers don't want to deal with. Just my opinion anyway.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

wlister wrote:It's not really a dream auction, he is selling quite a bit of shipping with that auction, especially within Canada he is almost doubling what a large box would cost to ship. Any good seller will check the contents of each box to confirm that all the parts are there. He says they may be in other boxes, but there are no guarantees there. Fixed shipping costs on eBay are one of the reasons I don't bid on a lot of auctions anymore. The I can cancel this auction at any time for any reason disclaimer is off-putting. I also never buy from sellers who don't have Paypal as an option. Bidpay is for the greedy and money orders are an added cost most buyers don't want to deal with. Just my opinion anyway.

Will
Bidders need to look carefully at shipping costs - fixed costs that I think are high just cause me to adjust my bid downwards. Nothing more. However, I don't bother with "reserved prices" or the equivalent (which is what this one is except it isn't as honest about it - this way he doesn't have to pay as high a fee if the auction doesn't reach where he thinks it should). Basically, your money is tied up in a bid that may not resolve itself. If they don't want to commit, why should I? Except at the very last second, of course. :D
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

Well basically I'm in awe at the sets (all boxes too!) included in the auction. All of them are from (arguably) the "golden ages" of castle.

I have no comments on the seller's conditions though.

-Bryan
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Gumby wrote:Well basically I'm in awe at the sets (all boxes too!) included in the auction. All of them are from (arguably) the "golden ages" of castle.

I have no comments on the seller's conditions though.

-Bryan
How do you know they are in the boxes...you can take a picture of the box without the pieces in it... :|
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

It would be a gamble to bid on this, just because you don't know what is in the boxes. I'm pretty sure that the lego is all there as
all the pieces are here.. The strings for the castles are there, and all in good shape. There are no missing pieces.. I have no intention of assembling all the castles and I know that all the pieces are there
but in the odd chance that there is something missing, well something important missing (like all the figures maybe, as he never says they are included), then one person might regret spending $300+.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Read through the comments on his 42 negatives - seems way too unsavory for me, but that's something everyone needs to decide for themselves.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Lets play a game, shall we? How much do you think it will go for?

I'll say $450
pwnage
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

Actually the more the wise elders speak of it the more I have to agree. I bought 6086 on ebay and shortly after I began to read his reviews. Some people never recieved their item and others recieved it a month or so late. I began to panic thinking, oh god please don't let me be ripped off. Luckily I recieved my package and all was well, but you're right 45$ for shipping is almost just ensuring himself he gets a hefty chunk more.

Sidenote: He says what you see is what you get. Well all I see is boxes and I have a strange feeling figures are missing.

Just read over all his views... I'd be VERY cautious about this guy when at least 11 of the ones i've read are all about being Duped. Not to mention he must be a kid or very immature to handle himself in the fashion of calling people deadbeats and saying they had nice excuses. If you're gonna sell on Ebay, be professional
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Meh... I wouldn't mind having a lot of these sets, but I wouldn't kill for them either. Give me more basic bricks any day.
Something I find odd: If these sets are mint in the box, how is there a possibility that some of the pieces ended up in the wrong box?
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

I just checked out his feedback too.. 42 negs?? This guy sure has had problems in the past, but he hasn't recieved any bad feedback over the last 12 months so maybe he has turned over a new leaf? Lets hope so for the winners sake, they sure would be annoyed if they lost $400+.. I know I would.
Emperor James wrote:Lets play a game, shall we? How much do you think it will go for?

I'll say $450
Hmm, maybe not that much.. I'd say around $400 but your guess might be closer.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I would say $550. It would be a dream auction if the prices were a little smaller. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.