Have you ever wondered....

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Have you ever wondered....

Post by Troy T. Moore »

....what one thousand seven hundred and ninety-five classic light grey bricks look like?

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=913338

My BL order arrived today! :D I will not get to work on finishing my current castle until Sunday afternoon at the very earliest :( Real life takes up a lot of time some weeks.
Troy T. Moore
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Actually, I already had a pretty good idea. I bought 25 packs of light grey 2*4s, which when added to my existing 2*4s, looked pretty impressive. You should take all of them apart... it looks even more spectacular.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

This post belongs in buy sell trade. Announcements should be used for "I am going to be gone for a while", I am new, or I am leaving types of posts. Not other general topics.

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: Have you ever wondered....

Post by footsteps »

That's a very impressive tower, and it has some interesting design features. But I wonder whether you have used sturdy enough construction techniques to make it truly robust. I'm disappointed that you neglected to put crenelations on the top. The lack of windows on the sides suggests that you haven't put much thought into the internal structure. The supporting bullwarks around the bottom seem haphazard and lazy, though I'll admit that real castles did not always follow the rigid 90 degree angles mandated by Lego. All in all I would say this is not one of your better MOCs, but I appreciate the effort that went into creating it, and encourage you to keep trying.

Alan

:wink:
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Troy T. Moore wrote:....what one thousand seven hundred and ninety-five classic light grey bricks look like?
No. I only know what about 2000 old light grey 1*4 bricks look like (pic=link):

Of course that's only half as impressive as the same amount on 2*4 bricks ;) However, it only wastes half the space, too. I don't even know how to store them once when I dismantle my upbuilt MOCs (Wizard's Tower and Cathedral fragment).

@ footsteps:
Great MOC-review! I wished most reviews were that honest ;)

Bye
Jojo

JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Jojo please sell them to me as I will NOT use any bley bricks on my City-State MOC. You know that huge tower I have. Well I've begun work on the first wall section which uses mostly black and light gray bricks. Its dimensions are:
64 studs long
28 studs wide
53 bricks high
......And yes that IS a mere wall section.

I'll get pics of its construction progress later this afternoon.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

footsteps wrote:That's a very impressive tower, and it has some interesting design features. But I wonder whether you have used sturdy enough construction techniques to make it truly robust. I'm disappointed that you neglected to put crenelations on the top. The lack of windows on the sides suggests that you haven't put much thought into the internal structure. The supporting bullwarks around the bottom seem haphazard and lazy, though I'll admit that real castles did not always follow the rigid 90 degree angles mandated by Lego. All in all I would say this is not one of your better MOCs, but I appreciate the effort that went into creating it, and encourage you to keep trying.

Alan

:wink:

DUDE - at first I thought to myself "did Alan wake up on the wrong side of the bed? this seems a little harsh...."

Then I linked to the pic. :D
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

(hangs his head in shame) no I don't know what all those bricks look like. I have never even wondered. I have less than a fourth of that. Heck I would be surrised if I had a twentyith of it. :wink:

P.S. I am back.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

LEGOFREAK wrote:DUDE - at first I thought to myself "did Alan wake up on the wrong side of the bed? this seems a little harsh...."
Then I linked to the pic. :D
jojo wrote: @ footsteps:
Great MOC-review! I wished most reviews were that honest ;)
Ya know, I'm always trying to find out the other guys side to a situation, trying to be empathetic and all. Not necessarily agreeing, but at least trying to understand.

So....

I must admit....

It felt REAL good to cut loose like that, even in jest.

to Troy: that is one great haul you have there. Well done. Yes, I'm a bit jealous.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Poshwa
Villein

Post by Poshwa »

What about 2500+ assorted gray bricks? On the floor. In a huge 3 foot by 3 foot pile.
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=97887
Pics of the castle I made with it after the weekend.