Cost of old grey walls and plates

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Croaker
Serf

Cost of old grey walls and plates

Post by Croaker »

I know there was a lot of complaining about the color change. I do not get to the brinklink or these forums that often so excuse me if this has already been covered.

Has the color change caused a rise in prices of the older grey castle walls (both dark and light grey). I am an avid collector and have a vast collection of older grey. Is the general consensious that these parts will increase in value or decrease?
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Prices will surely rise. I don't know why prices could decrease.

That's another problem that we will have to live with. :evil:
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

I recently did a price check on BL because I am thinking of biting the bullet and just getting nothing but new gray.
The cost is about half to a third of old gray.
dunno if this helps you at all, but I thought it was interesting to note for those out there who may not have the funds to by thousands of old grays, you may be able to get them in new.

:D
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

New gray is growing on me, but I think i'm having an easier time than most having just come out of my "dark age" in castle about 6 months ago when I saw KK2. My collection of Lego in Old gray is still about double or triple my new gray, but if new gray is whats going to be readily available in the future, im worth giving it a shot.
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well its possible that the price of old grey will decrease if people start using new bley way more than they do. If people start acting like Freak, and deside to build using bley, the market for old grey will fall.

Dan:wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

I haven't really noticed a increase in prices, although I'm sure there has been at most stores. It's probably just gradual so we haven't noticed it much. Also the parts must be taken into account - Some parts will rise in price more than others.

I personally only buy old grey. I have a "Bley Bucket" which I dump all the new colours into and never really look at again - There's no point in adding to that. So, personally, I wish they'd drop. It all depends how many others are like myself, and don't buy it. If not many, it will probably fall; if lots are like myself, it will undoubtly continue to rise.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

J1A3L5 wrote:I haven't really noticed a increase in prices, although I'm sure there has been at most stores. It's probably just gradual so we haven't noticed it much. Also the parts must be taken into account - Some parts will rise in price more than others.

I personally only buy old grey. I have a "Bley Bucket" which I dump all the new colours into and never really look at again - There's no point in adding to that. So, personally, I wish they'd drop. It all depends how many others are like myself, and don't buy it. If not many, it will probably fall; if lots are like myself, it will undoubtly continue to rise.
I am with you.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.