Where can I find cheap old Knight LEGOs?

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Luís
Steward

Re: Where can I find cheap old Knight LEGOs?

Post by Luís »

Man of Iron wrote:I am looking for a site that sells relatively cheap old Knight LEGOs (Foresters, Wolfpack and others). Could anybody recommend some sites to me?
Ebay or www.bricklink.com are the place.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

bricklink.com, if you didn't know about it before. You can find a good store there.
pwnage
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I'm going to have to go with Luis and Emperor James on this one. Aside from Ebay, Bricklink is really your only option. Out of the two, Bricklink is most definitely the best option. All the sellers on Bricklink are much friendlier than on Ebay, and you're much more likely to find exactly what you need at a decent price. Also, Bricklink is pretty user friendly.
Just click 'Search' at the top and type in what you're looking for. The search page also has fields where you can select country of origin, piece condition (new or used), price range, etc. In the search results, it should show the store name for every result. Click on that, and it will bring you to that store. Make sure you read the store policies and Splash page to make sure you meet the minimum order requirement and that there is nothing else you need to know before placing your order.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

another option would be to check your local garage/yard sales, and thrift stores. A lot of people get rid of lego this way, and while rare, you can find some excellent deals.
Bricklink as mentioned before is fantastic, and I think everyone here who has ordered has had a good experience, for the most part.

Freak
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

LEGOFREAK wrote:another option would be to check your local garage/yard sales, and thrift stores. A lot of people get rid of lego this way, and while rare, you can find some excellent deals.
Very rare indeed, which is why I didn't think to mention it. If you have the time to browse yard sales and flea markets, do it. Chances are that you won't find anything, but if you do, they'll be very cheap. The best I've found were a forestman figure, a KK1 King Leo figure, and a bunch of castle accessories mixed in with some assorted basic bricks. Still, I've gotten a couple thousand pieces for probably less than 10 dollars, so it was worth it.
Now that I'm thinking about it though, I'm going to go browse the classifieds...
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

doctorsparkles wrote: Now that I'm thinking about it though, I'm going to go browse the classifieds...
I think another thing that I am going to try to do is actually PLACE a classified ad. I wonder what'll happen if I do that?
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

LEGOFREAK wrote:
doctorsparkles wrote: Now that I'm thinking about it though, I'm going to go browse the classifieds...
I think another thing that I am going to try to do is actually PLACE a classified ad. I wonder what'll happen if I do that?
Let us know what happens. This would be awesome to try if the results seemed good!
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Oooh man...placing a classified. Now there's an idea.

"WANTED: NEW OR USED LEGO! WILL BUY ANY AMOUNT! PLEASE CALL ***-****"

Now I need to just get a bit of money so I could actually buy if someone answered. :P

Cm2
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

porschecm2 wrote:Now I need to just get a bit of money so I could actually buy if someone answered. :P

Cm2
Thats kinda why I haven't done it yet. :D
but I will as soon as I get some cash inflow here...
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well Bricklink is about the only spot were you can get it. I must warn you that the old the set gets, the more exspensive it becomes.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.