Help with Bricklink!

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Lobberuno
Laborer

Help with Bricklink!

Post by Lobberuno »

Hi!

I'm interested on buying bricks, sets and minifigures on bricklink, however I'm totally new to the process itself, but the best way that you can help me is telling me how much reliable is shopping there as a whole experience.

I'm fan of the castle line in the golden age, so I'm willing to get some black knights, Lion Knights and Black Falcons sets, also some Wolfpack. :)

Perhaps, this is not bricklink but I'm sure there is a lot of bricklinkers here.

I hope to get some tips that helps me to buy in an easy and safe way. Thanks in advance.
- "If you know the Formula, apply it"
Kev
Bailiff

Re: Help with Bricklink!

Post by Kev »

It's very reliable. I've used it for more than 10 years. Like ebay, you should pay attention to how many feedbacks the seller has received, obviously the larger/longer they've been around, the better. Also ask detailed questions about condition of printing, etc. on stuff like vintage knights so you are not disappointed. I would be more worried about international shipping issues since you are in Mexico. Make sure you communicate that to the seller. Before you finalize your order, you should ask them for exact shipping quote.

Good luck! It's a fantastic resource!
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

Fine... I already did 4 orders, and I liked how easy was to pay using paypal. :) I'm still on the process and also having some problems with a bank transfer, probably my bank will add USD$20 to make the process.
RedBrick
Freeman

Post by RedBrick »

Many stores do Paypal, which is by itself safe and very fast. Just look if they take fees for that - and if your bank does of course!
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

Fortunately, the sellers offered me the option to pay with paypal that, as I said, was a fast and easy method to do it.

In a first instance, I was worried about the payment process. In some way, Kev is right about the shipping because I live in a town, so I'm expecting to have a delay in the items delivery, but I'm being positive about the whole process :)

I can't wait anymore, because I also purchased my childhood desired set: 6086 Black Knight's Castle.
RedBrick
Freeman

Post by RedBrick »

Ah yes, you indeed did! I must have missed that in my excitement to help :wink:
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

Don't worry RedBrick :) and after 21 years I finally got the 6086 Black Knight's Castle (innacurate because a helmet but the pieces are in a very nice condition), also some others like the Wolfie Tower, some Black Knights and 6 Ice planet minifigured I was afraid in a first moment but I'm glad that bricklink is serious with the trades.

My best suggestion is to have a time to put whatever you want in the wish list (sets, minifigures, parts, etc), so if you pick some sets from any store, some extra pieces can be bought.

Surely I'll continue buying in bricklink :)