10066 Castle Accessories>is it worth buying?

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
porschecm2
Councilor

10066 Castle Accessories>is it worth buying?

Post by porschecm2 »

My question isn't wether or not I want the parts in it, but rather, would it be cheaper to buy individually from
Bricklink? I want to get some more castle stuff, but I also want to make sure I get the best deal possible. So, is this worth buying?

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=1006 ... 9D38DF8C2B

Thanks. :)

Cm2
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Hm... I found it very useful. Great parts.

Not really having much access to e-bay or B, this was very good. Not sure if it's a better deal, though.
Jojo
Master

Re: 10066 Castle Accessories>is it worth buying?

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
porschecm2 wrote:My question isn't wether or not I want the parts in it, but rather, would it be cheaper to buy individually from
Bricklink? I want to get some more castle stuff, but I also want to make sure I get the best deal possible. So, is this worth buying?
It's most likely cheaper to buy the 10066 Accessories Pack. Sellers on BL who sell the parts individually also bought the pack. So because they wanna make profit you'd pay more if you buy the containing parts individually. But maybe you should count up the prices of the individal items on BL and compare the sum to the price of the pack.

Bye
Jojo

Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

It depends what you really want. If you want some random pieces to outfit your figs, a couple of these sets would be great. If, OTOH, you have 20 soldiers and you want to give each of them a bow and a quiver, it would probably be better to get those from Bricklink.

Bruce
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Its a great source of weapons, helmets, and other equipment.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

You need to decide what you are really looking for. I can use just about all the parts in the pack - about the only thing I won't need eventually are more crowns, wizard hats and Ninja masks (beyond a couple). It is cheaper for me to get the pack then to buy all the parts individually, even deleting the few I have no use for.

If you are looking to outfit troops in a particular fashion, you may not want to absorb the expense of buying the whole pack when all you want is the 20 of the Kettle hat and matching swords. The more specific your desires, the less the pack makes sense; the broader, the more it makes sense.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Thanks. I've pretty much decided that I'll order at least 2 of these in the future, but for now, I'm going to B-Link a few of the pieces so I can get quantities. I hate having only 1 of a certain part-even a minifig part. I'm not really looking to outfit an army, as such, but more random things, but I like having a good quantity.

So, related to that, does anyone know a good Bricklink store that has a good assortment of castle minifig pieces and accessories, and not a particularly high minimum(preferably located in the US, and even better, with free S&H :wink: ). It doesn't necessarily have to be rock bottom prices, but rather mediocre prices with a good selection, so I don't have to buy from multiple stores. Because of my painfully *slow* internet connection, searching through Bricklink stores to find a good one is a royal pain, not to mention takes forever. :?

Cm2
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Well, it is sometimes hard to find the exact parts you need in one store, but I have had some good deals/parts on

www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=booey215

www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=catalinn
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

I was going to order from Amazing Bricks, but now I can't find it. Am I going nuts? I found it just last night...but I've looked at the list a dozen times this morning and can't find it. I must be going nuts... :?

cm2
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

porschecm2 wrote:I was going to order from Amazing Bricks, but now I can't find it. Am I going nuts? I found it just last night...but I've looked at the list a dozen times this morning and can't find it. I must be going nuts... :?

cm2
"Limited hours due to outside job commitments."

The store is closed at the moment - which is amazing since I ordered from them last night, got the confirmation a short time later, and paid for the order. It is listed as "packed". They had the items I was looking for in the quantities I needed so it was a "one-stop" experience.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]